Is Accordance 13 worth the upgrade price? (Twitter comment)

R. Mansfield

Done

• Like 2

I hope some of the features transfer to the iOS version. 

Edited by danielamari

Rick, I don't use Twitter, but would like to throw in some thoughts.  There's no doubt v.13 had some great new features, but for me personally they were limited in their use.  Do I still think it was good value for money, YES.  The original question was rather limited in its scope.  The (.) upgrades in v.12 had some amazing new features which I couldn't do without.  Web access within accordance, Live Click and text browser could and should have been chargeable upgrades, but were free!  When I buy a new upgrade, I'm not just buying the new features that appeal to me now, but I'm making a long term investment in a software program that is indispensable for my professional and private study.  I'm buying into features that are yet still to be released that will make this great program even better.  So yes, Acc 13. is very good value for money.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 5

... When I buy a new upgrade, I'm not just buying the new features that appeal to me now, but I'm making a long term investment in a software program that is indispensable for my professional and private study.  I'm buying into features that are yet still to be released that will make this great program even better.  So yes, Acc 13. is very good value for money.

Exactly why I purchase all upgrades—well stated, Paul!

—Joseph

• Like 1

...When I buy a new upgrade, I'm not just buying the new features that appeal to me now, but I'm making a long term investment in a software program that is indispensable for my professional and private study.  I'm buying into features that are yet still to be released that will make this great program even better.  So yes, Acc 13. is very good value for money.

Very well said.  As someone who's been in the software development industry for over 25 years, I'm constantly saddened by the demise of some of my favorite and most innovative small software companies.  It's a hard business - and a particularly hard one to sustain over time without deep pockets.  The Apples and Microsofts can subsidize niche software development (if they even pursue it at all) through other cash cow software (MS) or hardware sales (Apple), but the smaller app software houses don't have that luxury.  Selfishly, I want to see a healthy and vibrant Oaktree so that we will have many more years of upgrades and usability in this software I use every day.

• Like 3

Selfishly, I want to see a healthy and vibrant Oaktree so that we will have many more years of upgrades and usability in this software I use every day.

Absolutely. My entire research patterns would change without Accordance. I'm too old for such changes!

• Like 7