Samsung DeX support ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I got a new phone - s10. s10's support DeX on PC/Mac which means your phone can appear as a window on your desktop. So I tried out various things. Acc's window cannot be expanded to the full size within the DeX window. Other apps can. It would be nice to see some support for this here.

post-32023-0-53332900-1574634737_thumb.png

Now I fully accept this is a niche feature for a couple of platforms only, and that it is somewhat pointless to have the Android app in a Window with the full PC app right behind it and so on. But figured I would push the boat out and see if it floated :) I also don't know what would be involved.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

Interesting Rick. What version was that ? It looks like the older v1. I am not seeing the full-screen icon in the top right of the window frame like you have here. I only see an icon for orientation, for minimize and for close.

Can you get this to work with the current v2.x ?

Thx

D

Here's a photo taken a few minutes ago (LIVE from SBL!):

DeX%20GNT.jpg?dl=1

Thanx Rick. And that's just out of the box - no configuration changes in DeX ? Hmmm.... I wonder why I cannot see that icon. I'll have to play more with it.

And you're just using a usb-c cable and the PC DeX software ? You're not using a DeX dock by any chance ?

thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Daniel, in your settings, go into the section for Samsung DeX Labs (experimental features), and turn on the option to force apps to resize.

Screenshot_20191125-092818_Samsung%20DeX

Man ! I really have to read the docs sometimes :) Thanx Rick that was it.

Thx

D