On display keyboard bug

miketisdell

I am using 2.0.0 (11637) on my phone and Chromebook. On my phone the onscreen keyboard works correctly (the device doesn't have a keyboard), but on my Chromebook (which does have a keyboard) it does not. When I am in tablet mode and the keyboard folded away, the onscreen keyboard appears and then immediately disappears when I select the search box to enter text. On this device I must now open the keyboard for all data entry. 

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (Android tablet with keyboard).

• Like 1

Odd. My Tab S3 is fine. If I tap in the search box in a text the keyboard pops up and I can type just fine on it. With the physical keyboard in use it doesn't.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Odd. My Tab S3 is fine. If I tap in the search box in a text the keyboard pops up and I can type just fine on it. With the physical keyboard in use it doesn't.

Thx

D

On the Tab3 I believe that the physical keyboard is not present when it is not in use (i.e. turned off). That may be the difference. On the Chromebook, the keyboard is always present but disabled. 

That's right on the Tab S3 the keyboard does disconnect. So yep it could easily be related.

Thx

D

Yes, and it doesn't disconnect on my S6 when I fold the keyboard back.

• Like 1