Windows Accordance 13 Update--Appearance Complaints

DoosanMan

I'm not sure this is complaining, but rather I would like to see if I could change.    The "parchment" background is white instead of parchment color.   Will this be fixed?   Also the icons along the top make my eyes hurt.   Is there a way to change icon style to more like on my Macbook?    I can go back to 12 right on my Windows machine?   I like Accordance.   Thank you

DoosanMan, can you clarify a couple of points?

1) I tested on both Mac and Windows, and selecting 'Parchment' background color is correctly parchment.  In what context does yours appear to be white?

2) What is it about the icons that hurt your eyes in the toolbar?  What is it about the Mac style that you like better?

DoosanMan, can you clarify a couple of points?

1) I tested on both Mac and Windows, and selecting 'Parchment' background color is correctly parchment.  In what context does yours appear to be white?

2) What is it about the icons that hurt your eyes in the toolbar?  What is it about the Mac style that you like better?

Attached are screenshots from both my Macbook and Windows.   Notice on the Windows how "white" the parchment background is.    Also notice the difference between the icons.   On Windows the "spacers" don't show up in the toolbar no matter where I put them.   Thank you.    Edit: I'm noticing not a lot of difference in the parchment color in the screenshots.......Would like some help with the icons too.

post-35002-0-24832100-1573242582_thumb.png

post-35002-0-66321900-1573242602_thumb.png

Edited by DoosanMan

I might add that the icons randomly blink when hovering the mouse on a couple of them or all. Sometimes they flicker sometimes they don’t. I’m using Windows.

On the parchment issue I would be looking in to adjusting your brightness/contrast controls for your screen. I suspect some tweaks there will give you the parchment colour that is showing in your screenshot.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is one of his points, but in the Mac version in Icons and Text, the text is below the icons, whereas it is to the right of the icons in Windows. The end result seems to be that the Mac toolbar is more compact?

Why do the spacers not work on my Windows machine?  I mean the separators?  They are extremely narrow.   Maybe because I have too many icons and like was mentioned they text is "beside"?   I tried a different monitor and that took care of the "parchment" issue.

Edited by DoosanMan
  • Like 1

It looks like we accidentally removed the blank spacers and replaced them with just the vertical lines.  I can't promise this will be fixed for 13.0.2, but we'll definitely get you blank spacers back on Windows!

• Like 3

Perhaps slightly off the subject, but could I propose some backgrounds which have some actual texture--not just vary in color?  (Not saying anything negative about the colors themselves).  I sort of assumed when I was brand new to Accordance that "parchment" would... well... be more than just a flat color.

Edited by TYA

another somewhat minor thing on the toolbar. I don't have a Mac so I can't verify this, but it seemed like from the eAcademy the customize toolbar popup in Mac looks a lot more fun than in Windows. it looked like you had easy drag and drop support. In Windows it's kind of blah. It works, but it's not elegant.

another somewhat minor thing on the toolbar. I don't have a Mac so I can't verify this, but it seemed like from the eAcademy the customize toolbar popup in Mac looks a lot more fun than in Windows. it looked like you had easy drag and drop support. In Windows it's kind of blah. It works, but it's not elegant.

That has nothing to do with Accordance. It's just the difference between how Windows and the macOS handle toolbar changes.

It looks like we accidentally removed the blank spacers and replaced them with just the vertical lines.  I can't promise this will be fixed for 13.0.2, but we'll definitely get you blank spacers back on Windows!

Don't know if this is related, but opening up the customize toolbar in Windows causes the toolbar images to get all kinds of confused.

Also, pressing the help button inside the Customize Toolbar popup does nothing.

post-35213-0-08747700-1573251441_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhanel