Accordance Services Not Working

KevinPurcell

I'm getting an error when I select a passage in MS Word and use the Insert Verses Service.

ERR-The book “Read” cannot be found.

Any ideas?

Kevin, can you say more about

1. which Accordance Version you're running?

2. what macOS version?

3. did the Service work before but now does not?

4. does it not work when in any program, or just a particular one?

5. how are you launching the service? AppMenu/Services? RightClick/Services?

6. what is the string you have selected when initiating? (feel free to share a screen shot)

I do not think that service should include a URL-Read command, so something is getting fired that is not supposed to.

Edited by Joe Weaks

Kevin, can you say more about

1. which Accordance Version you're running?

2. what macOS version?

3. did the Service work before but now does not?

4. does it not work when in any program, or just a particular one?

5. how are you launching the service? AppMenu/Services? RightClick/Services?

6. what is the string you have selected when initiating? (feel free to share a screen shot)

I do not think that service should include a URL-Read command, so something is getting fired that is not supposed to.

1. Version 13

2. Catalina

3. A long time ago. i have not tried them in a year.

4. I tried in MS Word and Keynote - neither worked

5. Both

6. Don't have a screenshot. i tried with a passage both full and abbrefviated so something like Matt 6:33 and Matthew 6:33

• 1 year later...

I really don't think it is the services. They are working in Pages and they work fine in Word up to 16.44. That is the point at which they seem to break (for some of us, see Tony's post). There is another service available from within Word called "Search With Google" and I can't even get it to work in this version of Word. When you highlight text and select that service from the dropdown menu, Word loses focus but nothing else happens. My hunch is that Word is not passing the input text to the service correctly. BUT that's a big hunch since everything seems to be working fine for some people. If you open the service in Automator and add a "Get Text Input" you can manually execute the service without error.

I am running:

Accordance - 13.1.2

Big Sur - 11.1

Office 365 (Word) - 16.44 (20121301)

I can roll back to Word 16.43 and services work as expected: both Accordance and "Search with Google"

Edited by JoeyD

• 10 months later...

I am trying to use the Accordance Services on a new M1 MacBook Pro but I am getting this error message:

"Automator could not run the workflow because one or more actions were not loaded."

In Automator the workflow error says that:

The action "Get Text From Accordance" could not be loaded because it could not be located."

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Sad 1

William,

Do you know how to right-click or control-click on the Accordance Application icon and select "Show Package Contents"?

If so, do that and verify at: Contents/Library/Automator folder that your package has the two Actions in there.

I do not have an M1 Mac (for one more week 😀) so can not test that there isn't a new issue with the M1 Macs.

Also, this should be its own new topic. The mods may move it.

1617797070_ScreenShot2021-10-27at4_55_28PM.png.9155dd054f1e1f02ec668ba99a64722d.png

Edited by Joe Weaks