Keeping book, chapter, and verse when switching English texts

rpbmurrell

When switching English texts, the new book starts at Genesis 1:1 and does not keep its current position in the Bible. This feature is available on iOS but not on Android. I would like to request this feature be added to the Android release.

• Like 1

More generally, I'd like all Texts and Tools to reopen to the position they had when they were last open alone or in the primary pane. That is, I'd like the Android app to work like the iOS one in this respect.

Edited by jlm

Version 2.0 of the app does maintain position when switching between *any* text, not just English texts. This includes verse lookup to switch to the correct verse even if the verse numbers are not the same (e.g. between some LXX and Hebrew bible verses). Version 2.0 is currently in public beta testing, which you can opt in to from the Accordance app page in the Google Play Store. If you don't want to opt in to beta testing, version 2.0 should still be available very soon.

I'd like all Texts and Tools to reopen to the position they had when they were last open alone or in the primary pane

That one will take a bit more work and so must wait its turn in the features-to-add line. But it is one of the priority items on that list.

I just tested this with the 2.0 open beta. It does maintain position if I switch texts by tapping on the module name at the top, but I think the previous version already did this, although the controls for switching texts were different.

On the other hand, if I switch texts using the library (book icon in lower right), it goes to the beginning of the text (Genesis 1:1 for most Biblical texts). That's the feature I'm missing. However, since I haven't been asking for it, I can't complain if it isn't at the head of the line. I can wait. The app has made a lot of progress this year.

• Like 1