I need 3 panes - Any suggestions?

ddoyle777

I wonder if Accordance has ever considered a web-based (is emulated the right word?) version that was as fully functional as the desktop, so mobile users who wanted more functionality wound have it available, and still keep the simplicity of the mobile version.

I have an iPad Pro and would love to get more functionality now that iPad OS is here, but if it would be too much to developed, I would use a web-based version for the times I need it (about 50% of the time) and with with the iOS version in place the other 50% of the time.

Just my vote — but I honestly would prefer that Accordance's energy be applied to expanding the existing native solutions rather than spreading limited resources onto a web version, which generally are difficult to develop and rarely can match the cutting edge features of a native experience.  (I mean, I have nothing against a web experience, but I know that this would likely mean stealing resources from elsewhere).

Edited by Rich
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Really, really hoping to see two window panes on the mobile app. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been requesting this one for years. The solution for me at the moment is to open accordance and logos side by side on my iPad. Wish I didn’t have to do that.

Now that I have the 12.9” iPad Pro, three panes seems even more desirable. The screen has so much room to do cool stuff with apps. I’d love to see a majority of Accordance development resources put into the mobile app for the time being and make it a world class app over the course of 2020.

Edited by Robb Brunansky
  • Like 4

Many of us came from other programs, still use them, and have asked Accordance to implement some of their best features. And, to Accordance's credit, they have implemented more than a few of them.

So, what about what Logos calls "tabbed browsing" in its mobile apps? You can open an unlimited number of tabs, which can all be viewed in preferred fonts. I use Ezra SIL for Hebrew, and other preferred fonts for Greek, etc. I set it up so I have BHS at the center, LXX a swipe to the left, NA27 a swipe to the right, and a Hebrew NT and English version on the outer edges. Each of these tabs can be split in two, just like in Accordance. If I look up a word, I can choose to leave that lexicon open, or easily delete it. Also, you don't have to swipe - there is a home button to bring up all the tabs; I use it when I have a dozen or more tabs open, usually to clean up.

I would do a lot more reading in Acc iOS if they had tabs like Logos does.

Michel

• Like 1

Many of us came from other programs, still use them, and have asked Accordance to implement some of their best features. And, to Accordance's credit, they have implemented more than a few of them.

So, what about what Logos calls "tabbed browsing" in its mobile apps? You can open an unlimited number of tabs, which can all be viewed in preferred fonts. I use Ezra SIL for Hebrew, and other preferred fonts for Greek, etc. I set it up so I have BHS at the center, LXX a swipe to the left, NA27 a swipe to the right, and a Hebrew NT and English version on the outer edges. Each of these tabs can be split in two, just like in Accordance. If I look up a word, I can choose to leave that lexicon open, or easily delete it. Also, you don't have to swipe - there is a home button to bring up all the tabs; I use it when I have a dozen or more tabs open, usually to clean up.

I would do a lot more reading in Acc iOS if they had tabs like Logos does.

Michel

The tabs with the swipe feature on the Logos app is very nice. I would really appreciate seeing this implemented on Accordance. It's much faster and easier than the current way of switching between ressources. While we're at it—and I believe this has been suggested elsewhere—I would love to be able to set up, say, GNT in one column, and BDAG in the parallel column. Or, a theological book that is not a commentary, like Bavinck or Bonhoeffer. This would make the iPad app. much more serviceable.

Having said that, many thanks to the Accordance team for all their work! Just 30 years ago, none of this was imaginable! 

• Like 1