Could we have more options with how book names are displayed?

zcostilla

I thrive on being able to copy/paste from from Accordance, both single verses and multiple verses. The current methodology still requires me to make extensive edits AFTER I’ve pasted into my document. Current options require me to either paste the verses individually or as paragraphs with the reference at the end.  But when putting together outlines, I really prefer the reference at the beginning. And I NEVER abbreviate book names. At least the “find all” and “replace all” options make it easier, but it’s still Edith work that could be avoided. And it would be really good if we had a toggle option in setting to list the version or not.

Here’s an example of how it currently works and how I have to edit it to use in outlines I use and share:

“Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.”

(Psa. 33:1–3 KJV)

becomes

Psalm 33:1-3 “Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.”

with one verse it’s minimal to change myself. With outlines with 20 references... it gets kind of frustrating.
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

So, there has been no developer response to this. If it’s not feasible, or not a priority, it would be helpful to know.

Feature parity with the desktop is always the goal. How quickly we can get there is not something I can say, but we will get there.

• Like 4