A crash and tools have disappeared (iPad)

jlm

This is with Accordance 3.0.3 and iOS 12.4.1, on an iPad Pro (9.7").

This morning I provoked a crash and repeated the sequence of events twice: with only a Bible text displayed (no secondary pane), I navigated to Luke 9:7 and tapped on the icon for the user notes on Luke 9:8 (I have two sets woth notes on this verse). In the instant details, in looked at the note and then tapped Open. The notes opened in the secondary pane (on the bottom). Then I tapped the name of the notes to select another resource. Instead of displaying the popup, Accordance crashed. I repeated the sequence of actions two more times, and each time it crashed at the same point. I planned to report the bug, but had to do something else and forgot about it.

Now, however, I find all the Tools have disappeared. My only choices are Texts and User Notes, whether in the popup selector or the library view.

Addendum: I installed the WBC NT and OT again, and the storage used by Accordance increased by about 220MB, so it seems that the Tools were actually deleted, and not just removed from the list of installed resources.

Edited by jlm

Will you need any more information? I'm considering deleting the app and reinstalling the app and resources.

I mean, you can if you want. But you've given me enough to work with, I think. If you do your steps again after redownloading WBC does it still crash?

No, it doesn't. It's possible there's some difference in the Texts I have open, but I tried a couple of variations and couldn't reproduce the crash. Perhaps the update got the database of installed resources into some inconsistent state.

Edited by jlm