Long toast messages are not displayed long enough to be read

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 1.5.1 (11389)

This has been a long standing issue but figured I would finally report it.

Some toast messages are fairly long and cannot easily be read before they disappear. I usually have to reproduce the failure multiple times to be able to read it completely.

Thx

D

A toast message is an Android thing. It is a message that pops up in a lozenge shaped popup over the app and then fades after a few seconds. Accordance uses them for a variety of messages to the user eg.searches not finding things because of the grammatical is not found.

There's an example on the Android dev pages : https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/toasts

Thx

D

Some toast messages are fairly long and cannot easily be read before they disappear. I usually have to reproduce the failure multiple times to be able to read it completely.

Daniel, if you get a chance, can you get a screen capture next time it happens? Of course, I know this is a challenge because they disappear quickly. It may even have to do with different screens sizes and resolutions--that is they appear correctly on some devices and not on others.

I can usually in a couple of attempts. The problem isn't that they are so long they get cut off. Usually they wrap to multiple lines so no text is missing. It's just it's too much text to read in the time given. But I'll try to get an example and post back.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל