Accordance on new IPAD OS

Dan Langston old account

I'm curious if the new Ipad OS operating system will be able to display more parity with the Accordance desktop version.  I understand if it's too soon to know, etc. If it's just another of ios, I get that as well

We are constantly adding features, but the desktop version is so far ahead and the iOS interface still so limited, that parity is a long long way away.

As we have said before, if you want a full-featured Accordance on a tablet, a Windows tablet such as Surface Pro is a good solution.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm totally invested in the Apple platform, from Mac to iPad to iPhone.  Buying a whole new tablet (and a whole new OS platform) just for Accordance isn't a viable solution for me.  I'll just have to keep hauling a laptop around, which is fine — there aren't any competitors I could or would consider.

At this stage, I find the iPad interface much less "limiting" than different — because the UX and interaction model is so very different (and therefore requires a much different UI than a mouse driven app) — and I say that as someone who manages development of multiple complex, enterprise engineering apps for iPad that must have full feature parity with their desktop counterparts (of course, these teams are also sometimes quite large, as well). I definitely understand this may be a low business priority (to the point that it's not even on the radar), although I hope as the iPad continues to see significant use on the pulpit and in the front of seminary classes I attend (but maybe less so on the professor's desks), the value of this platform will be worthy of more focus and prioritization from the valuable limited resources in the future!

• Like 1

Rich, to be sure, bringing feature parity to the extent that it is feasible to Apple’s mobile OSes is absolutely on the radar. As is the hybrid future of desktop/mobile applications.

We may have a ways to go yet, but rest assured we’re absolutely committed to continued development and improvement of this platform.

• Like 11

• 5 months later...

I always switch back and forth to the ipad. The IOsS interface needs a great improvements.....I mean the GUI itself. Olivetree app is more appealing to the look

I always switch back and forth to the ipad. The IOsS interface needs a great improvements.....I mean the GUI itself. Olivetree app is more appealing to the look

2020 is going to be a stellar year for our mobile apps. Stay tuned.

• Like 15

can't wait

2020 is going to be a stellar year for our mobile apps. Stay tuned.

Rick, There you go being a big tease again ...  :D

• Like 3

We may have a ways to go yet, but rest assured we’re absolutely committed to continued development and improvement of this platform.

While its great getting new features and what we have now is incredible when you consider what we had a few years ago, can i put in a plea that you also include some of the minor tweaks that would enhance it as well as ensuring consistency in its functionality.

• Like 1