Latin Words with "-que" Triple-click

Fabian

Hello

If I have the Latin-Vulgate Tagged open and I triple click on a word with -que, like congregationesque, then in Lewis & Short only goes to the que entry. I think it would be great if Accordance search also for the other word and we can then with the arrow go through the hits in Lewis & Short. 

This words are tagged with both in the Instand Details but not the Highlight in the Text. 

I don't talk about the adverbs like quoque.

This topic is also more complex if you check it with the non Latin texts. 

For example rursusque in Genesis 4,2 goes in the tagged version to "que" in L&S, but in the non tagged version to https://accordance.bible/link/read/Lewis_&_Short#14867 which should also be recognized if we do a triple click from the tagged version.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

I use the dictionary so rarely that I hasn’t noticed the problem with -que, but if you do fix it, there’s probably a similar issue with -ne (Gen. 17:17;29:6;…). The lemma is ne_2. The Vulgate doesn’t seem to use -ve (or -ue) or -ce.

Or rather, VULG-T doesn’t doesn’t tag -ce: e.g., haecine (also spelled haeccine) in Deut. 32:6 is haec + ce + ne, but it’s only tagged with two lemmas: hic_1 and ne_2. I don’t know how much this matters, since I don’t know why anyone would do a search for -ce, but technically, there’s a tag missing. Similarly, sicine (1 Sam. 15:32), hicine (1 Sam. 21:15), various other occurrences of haecine, …

• Like 1