Jumping back in text everytime I open Kindle app

bigcat1969

Sorry to start with a complaint. I'm thankful to have a very nice full commentary series at a really affordable price and the computer app seems to work well.

Unfortunately when I use Accordance on my Kindle Fire to read the Tyndale Commentary, it almost always jumps back to a previous spot in the text. This spot seems to change occasionally. For quite a while it was a bit past halfway through Genesis. Then it became somewhere in the Introductory remarks on Exodus and is now Exodus 20 even though I'm starting the commentary on Leviticus 1. It seems like very occasionally the app remembers where I am but then doesn't update that spot for a day or two and takes me back to the last remembered spot.

I have used the computer app a bit and understand that the two apps won't sync which is fine. But mostly I just use the Kindle Fire app and it doesn't sync with itself.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the app. This is a strange one as it's not something I've come across myself or seen reported. What version of the app are you using? To check this, tap the three-dot menu icon and then "About." The version info I'm looking for will be something like "1.4.5 (11226)."

Hello Mr. Robertson,

I have Version 1.4.5 (11226).

If its not a  common problem maybe I just had a weird install. I could always uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks.

I forget these android things are computers too and forgot the old tech question "Did you turn it off and back on?" I tried this and it seems like it is working. I'll try it for a while and go farther along to see if it is fixed. Sorry I should have tried that first.

• Like 1

It's not a common problem (at least not one that's been reported). Honestly I would be a bit surprised if re-installing fixes it. But I've seen stranger things  :) Glad to hear it seems to be working!

• 2 weeks later...

An update. It would work for a while after a restart and then start having the problem again. I discovered when I change from landscape to portrait mode or portrait to landscape to portrait. So I end up in portrait mode after changing and then turn off the Fire, it remembers where I am almost all the time. Hows that for odd?

Thanks for all your work. I just saw it updated and I'm off to read about Samson.

• Like 1

Hows that for odd?

That's actually extremely helpful! Portrait-Landscape orientation changes are surprisingly complicated in Android and are handled differently from normal pause/resume situations. I'll take a look at that part of the code to see if it's causing the issue. Thanks for the report!

• Like 1