Instand Details Window Pops Open Behind Current Window

TYA

Great day Accordance.

Here is a demonstration of the "bug" I've mentioned previously about the Instant Details window not popping open in the current window (or actually, staying open hidden behind other windows).  This is another application I use in Windows, but the Instant Details window stays open for it, and then isn't available on the Accordance screen I need it to be.

The temporary workaround is fairly simple.  I just click on another Windows application / program, and then go back to Accordance, and the Instant Details will then work again.  But as to frequency and level of annoyance, this bug has been fairly consistent (average of 20-25% of the time I use Accordance) for probably half a year now.

post-35231-0-11654700-1561583559_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Instand Details Widnow

Wow.  Congratulations to me for perhaps the worst spelling in my Accordance history.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

This problem of the Instant Details window appearing behind other programs has cropped up again.  Over the last two days (48 hours) it seems that I've had to perform some kind of workaround for this issue on about 5-7 different occasions.  Furthermore, the workaround I mentioned in the initial post--clicking on another program, and then coming back to Accordance, hasn't worked half of the time, making this even more annoying.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thank you.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to reproduce this.  What is the program in your screenshot?

What is the program in your screenshot?

It is "Stardict" dictionary program.  But the screenshot is from last summer, and I don't even use that program anymore.  My recent posts from the last few weeks have been with other programs.  So I doubt it is being caused from just one program, and it certainly wouldn't be that Stardict program.

Edited by TYA

• 9 months later...

Please Accordance Team, this issue of the Instant Detail window (in floating mode) getting stuck behind other windows so that it doesn't appear is painfully annoying.  This has happened on both my Windows 7 (Toughbook), which I was forced to revert back to for the last three weeks, and my new Acer Predator laptop running Windows 10 64-bit (see my profile for details).

It's almost like I just have to click my mouse in the wrong place on the screen, and then when I mouse over a tagged word, Instant Details no longer pops up until I click out of Accordance (i.e. activate another window, or just go to Windows Desktop), and when I come back, the Instant Details window will be there again.  I probably wouldn't complain if this was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, but this has been happening over the past 3 weeks (at least) almost constantly.  See attached please.

post-35231-0-95734300-1606204926_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

It looks like you're still running 13.1.2?  If so, please update to 13.1.4.  I was never able to reproduce this bug, but I seem to recall submitting something I thought might address it back in 13.1.3.  If you're still having the problem in 13.1.4, I'll know it didn't work.

• Like 1

I had downloaded the most recent installer available on Accordance's website, which I thought would be 13.1.4, but after it installed, it said 13.1.2 instead.  Maybe I did something wrong.  Anyway, I've now updated to 13.1.4, so I will report back here if this version keeps having the same problem.  Thanks, Silas!

• Like 1

So far, I'm not having any problems with the Instant Details in 13.1.4.  Thanks, Silas.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

"So far, I'm not having any problems with the Instant Details in 13.1.4.  Thanks, Silas."

Sadly, I'm now using 13.1.7 (on two separate Windows 10 laptops).  Instant Details is once again getting stuck behind other programs / windows.  (Note: I only use Instant Details in floating (pop up) mode--not the solid window.  And in terms of it getting stuck behind other programs / windows, this happens whether I have many other programs, or few other programs open.

I have to click out of Accordance and then come back into Accordance to get the Instant Details window to start appearing again when I mouse over text.  I had a reading tonight in front of an audience (using Accordance), and I to click out of the program and back into the program to get Instant Details to appear about 5-10 times over the course of two hours of reading.  So we're not talking about once in a blue moon.

It would be wonderful if this could be fixed permanently.  Thanks :)

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Everything written in my previous post directly above holds true up until today (12-25-21).  It would be really nice to have this bug corrected.  Two different laptops--both Windows 10--Instant Details repeatedly gets stuck behind other windows and / or doesn't work unless I click all the way out of Accordance and go back into it.  Thank you for any help you can give.