A couple of minor issues

jlm

1. When switching tools in the secondary pane, after selecting a category of reference tool, the list shrinks so that no blank cells are shown. When the secondary pane is on the right, this causes no problem, because the popup is anchored at the top, but when it is on the bottom, this means that the cells move from their initial position, because the popup is anchored at its center. In the latter case, as soon as the list of tools appears on the screen, my finger, trained for instant gratification, starts moving toward the reference tool I desire, but before it touches the screen, the tool has slid down the screen and escaped from it. I'm learning to wait before tapping, but I would prefer for the list to not shrink.

2. If I have Accordance open, close my iPad's cover while it is in landscape orientation and open it again in portrait orientation, the text does not adjust to the new screen width (i.e., it is still landscape width). The problem can be fixed by rotating the iPad with the screen on.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Problem 2 has been manifesting itself in another way since I upgraded to iPadOS 13 (I'm now at 13.2). It now happens if I hold the iPad in portrait orientation, swipe right with four fingers to switch to another app, and swipe back. This always happens if the orientation is not locked, and sometimes happens when it is. Rotating to landscape orientation and back to portrait fixes it until the next time I switch apps. Another temporary fix is to lock the iPad screen and then unlock it. I blame iPadOS for this more than Accordance, but unfortunately apps have to adjust to changes in OS behavior.

Problem 1 was improved by 3.0.4, because the popup now often appears under the title of the secondary pane instead of next to it, but other times it pops up beside the title, and so the cells move around.

Thanks for the updates. iOS 13 introduced a number of under the hood changes that have affected our layout logic. I'm hoping to have a fix for problem 2 this soon.

As for problem 1, can you give me any patterns as to when you see the popover being drawn to the side of the title?

I have the impression that it has to do with there being more items to display or a shorter secondary pane, but that's just an impression. If I find something reproducible, I'll let you know.