Taking notes on texts

José Soto

Good afternoon,

Could anyone please explain how to take notes on a text? On Kindle and GoodReader, for example, one highlights the relevant text and options pop up, one of which is note-taking.

Thanks,

José

I use 'notes' the apple app that comes in Ios and mac os. It syncs seamlessly between mbp, iphone and ipad.

There is notes within the accordance app but i tend to work on passages rather than verses.

Edited by ukfraser

Hello José

In iOS it is the same. If you don’t see it press the arrow right and then choose Notes.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks. I think what I’m looking for would be within Accordance because these are notes on my reading (I need them attached to the text that provoked the thought I wrote as a note).

Edited by José Soto

Thanks Fabian. I’m not seeing an option, nor do I see an arrow anywhere. Perhaps there’s some preliminary setup I haven’t done or something?

Thanks for the links. For some reason the videos keep skipping and I couldn’t watch them. The bit that I could watch was on note taking on iPhone and about dictating the notes; hopefully it covers iPad too if it’s not the same, and also regular note taking.

I've noticed the page is a bit slow right now. You could try to let it load entirely then scrub back to the beginning and watch after it has loaded entirely.

The short answer is that user notes that are linked with a particular verse is a staple feature within Accordance. It is available on your iPad and on your Mac / PC (and notes sync between the two).

• 1 month later...

I just noticed the Notes option come up as I tried this again on a biblical text. It looks like the reason I wasn’t seeing the option before is that it isn’t available for books or any other resources on Accordance, just on biblical texts. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Hello José

In iOS it is the same. If you don’t see it press the arrow right and then choose Notes.

Greetings

Fabian

As your thread title say this is the way

I just noticed the Notes option come up as I tried this again on a biblical text. It looks like the reason I wasn’t seeing the option before is that it isn’t available for books or any other resources on Accordance, just on biblical texts. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes I see it also only on "Texts" not on "Tools". Hopefully this will be available soon for you.

Greetings

Fabian 

Thanks for confirming Fabian

This is a feature that we have on the roadmap to implement, but it's a good ways down the list. So know that it's on the way, just not in the foreseeable future.