"AND" / "OR" search: inconsistent results Research Tab

TYA

Great evening all,

Can someone explain the apparent inconsistency in the search results I'm getting in the Research Tab?  And "OR" search should broaden my search results, not limit them.  Please see both screenshots.

post-35231-0-71073700-1560648712_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-25442400-1560648721_thumb.jpg

First, this is a very complex string search for Accordance to parse, as what is supposed to be WITHIN what? Secondly, adding an OR may limit the results if one of the words is not found at all in that module. Of course, Targum is found in Outside the Bible, so I do not have an exact explanation.

This feature has been improved for a future rev, but please understand that Research is intended to help you find possible hits across a broad range of modules, and does not replace exact searching in specific modules.

• Like 1

Thanks, Helen.  Of course, I feel indebted to say that I'm extremely grateful for whatever functionality is available--especially knowing that most of what I'm blessed with didn't even exist before a year ago (!)  So you know I'm truly grateful.

That being said, I am extremely appreciative for any improvement / enhancement to the search functionality--both within specific modules, and in the Research Tab.

In this case, if it is possible to get a more specific explanation for my question, I would appreciate it.  If I've butted up against a limitation of the Research Tab, that is fine, as long as I know that, so I don't keep getting miffed when things like this happen.

Also, just for clarification, one of the reasons for the complexity of this particular search above is that I can't yet combine searching for a verse with searching for a word (even if just an English word).  Hopefully, that functionality will come soon, as such a search combination is indescribably important for locating content.

I love the Research Tab!  And since Accordance offers such a magnificent, growing library, the power of the Research Tab will, I truly believe, always be where I spend a good bit of time--at least in the initial search for relevant resources.  Then I will get more "granular."

You all are always so gracious, and I look forward to that future rev!

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1