Another (?) instant details bug on 3.0.1

jlm

I also have experienced the bug reported in another recent thread ( Instant details bug 3.0.1 ), but I didn't report it because I didn't have a good way to reproduce it. The following case does seem reproducible, however: if I display a commentary together with a Text, go to a footnote in the commentary, and then return the commentary to the previous position by slightly scrolling the Text, instant details for the footnotes no longer appear.

I don't think it matters what text or commentary are used, but here's a detailed example (iPad Pro 9.7"):

1. Go to 1 John 5:1 in the ESV and open ACCS Complete in the lower pane (I have it split horizontally into two equal size panes).

2. Pinch with all fingers to go to the app switcher and swipe away Accordance. Restart Accordance (this way it's in a known state).

3. Select the marker (superscript 1) for footnote 1 in the lower pane. The footnote contents appear in instant details.

4. Tap Go. The lower pane shifts to display the footnotes.

- There's a cosmetic bug here: the highlighting is not removed from where the footnote marker was. Tapping will remove the highlight. If you don't tap, it will still be there in step 6.

5. Scroll the ESV (upper pane) slightly to move the ACCS back to the commentary on 1 John 5:1.

6. Select the marker for footnote 1 in the lower pane. Instant details do not appear. Neither do they work for anything else displayed in the lower pane.

7. Scroll the lower pane up to the beginning of the overview that precedes the commentary on 1 John 5:1. Scroll back down to the commentary on 1 John 5:1. Instant details now work in the lower pane.

Edited by jlm

I've identified the issue and will be available when we start testing 3.0.2.

• Like 1