Cannot open NT book

miketisdell

I have notice the following problem for quite a while but it is intermittent. 

When I have the Hebrew text (which has no NT books) open in the primary window and a version that has NT open in the secondary window and the windows are not linked. I sometimes cannot choose a NT book. While it appears in the menu and can be selected, the text stays in the OT. Sometimes closing and opening the dual pain solves the problem, at other times I need to select a different version of  the text. 

I don't know what you mean by the primary and secondary "windows". If these are panes in the same tab, even if scrolling is unlinked, they will still only display the verses that occur in the Search text popup menu (of a Search tab) or Text order menu of a Text tab.

Include a screenshot if possible.  That would help clarify your description.

Edited by TYA

I don't know what you mean by the primary and secondary "windows". If these are panes in the same tab, even if scrolling is unlinked, they will still only display the verses that occur in the Search text popup menu (of a Search tab) or Text order menu of a Text tab.

"panes" / "windows" - same thing.

When the panes are not linked, I can chose NT passages without a problem about 95% of the time, but sometimes the app does not present the selected text but instead default to an OT text. The tool still lets you select the NT text but the chosen text is not displayed when the menu closes. Going to a single pane view and then returning to a dual pane view frequently resolves this issue; however, sometimes I must quit and restart. Again, this is very intermittent and I haven't yet been able to identify a way to reproduce it. 

I typically read the OT in Hebrew and that is usually what is selected in the primary pane (this is always the case when I encounter this bug). In the second pane I could have any number of texts that include the NT verses, I used to think it was the ESV because that is one I frequently use for the NT, but I have now seen it with the Greek Bible LXX-NA28, the CSB, and the NET i.e. whatever version is selected in the second pane when the problem occurs. Changing the version to another version also frequently fixes the problem which is why I original thought the problem was related to a version.

Usage case: Use one version for OT and a second different version for NT

Edited by miketisdell
  • Like 1

Include a screenshot if possible.  That would help clarify your description.

I am not sure that a screenshot would be helpful in this case i.e. the menus that you use to select the book, chapter, and verse remain the same and I am able to choose NT passages. When I select the passage, there is no error displayed; however, the selected text is not shown, but an OT passage (most often the end of Malachi) is displayed in its place i.e. it appears to be using the English book order and going as far as it possibly can in the OT. 

We do need a screenshot to see all your settings. I checked on Mac and Windows, and if the main search text is set to a Hebrew Bible, an untied pane will not display NT verses, and the menu books remain those of the search text.

We do need a screenshot to see all your settings. I checked on Mac and Windows, and if the main search text is set to a Hebrew Bible, an untied pane will not display NT verses, and the menu books remain those of the search text.

I can screen shot the settings if needed. However, note this is only an issue on the Android app. Note the location of this post.

Oops, I missed that this is Android. Matt will take a look at it.

• Like 1