mac to iOS does not sync

Marco79

Greetings my fellow accordance family.

My Macbook pro with mac os 10.11.4 does not sync to my iPhone with ios 11.4.  

The only way I can get it to sync is to delete all of my user tools from the phone. The problem of corse is that every time I make a change in my user tools it will not sync unless I delete all the files. So none of my verse notes can be updated or anything else unless I delete my user tools. Strange. Any help would be apprciated.

I have the latest updates for accordance on the laptop and on the iPhone and I sync using wifi.

Thank you for your time.

Marco

Edited by Marco79

Marco,

Sorry about the troubles, I don’t think I have seen this before.

A couple of questions:

• Are you linked to Dropbox syncing on your Macbook pro?
  • Just to be clear, you are making edits to your User Tools on the MacBook (not User Notes - you mentioned my verse notes above)?
  • Can you post a picture of the sync dialog after you have edited one of your User Tools?
  • Finally, can you add more details to “does not sync” - at what point/step does the  sync process fail?

Mike

I don't use the drop box. I sync just using the wifi. I have done it this way for years. It is the last two mobile updates that have not allowed me to sync any longer. 

I put the phone into sync and from the laptop i chose "sync with mobile devise" from the accordance menu. It allows me to chose the iPhone from a pop up screen and then I can select what I want to sync and when I press the button a pop up comes up on the iPhone saying "I/O Error #%@ in the file "%/@".

I guess it is having problems syncing with one of my files? It will sync if I don't have any user tools checked to sync. It does't let me sync when I sync the user tools with their folders and documents.

Thanks for your time

Edited by Marco79

Marco, would you be able to send me a copy of your files that are not syncing? You can do so either through a personal message here on the forums or by emailing ios_dev <at> accordancebible ,dot, com.

I'm able to sync all of my user items so maybe I can find what's wrong by testing yours.

Edited by Graham Buck

Hello Graham,

What email should I use? Is "iOS_dev@accordancebible.com" the email you suggested?

Or how do you send a personal message on the forums?

How do you want me to export the files and their sub-folders? Is there a place on the computer I can just drag them out of and email?

Blessings.

Thanks for your time brother.

Marco

Edited by Marco79

Yes, you can send the email to that address.

Your user notes and user tools are found in ~/Documents/Accordance Files/. You can zip the two folders.

As a note, I was trying something else and got your error. So hold off for just a bit and let me see what I can do here first.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm thinking it might be because I have a lot of sub-folders in my user notes and even a couple double sub-folders- two levels. I have quite few items maybe fifty or sixty. 

The only way I can sync is to delete all of the user tools on my iphone. When I do that it will sync everything perfect and reload every item I selected in the sync window. But then I can not sync again unless I delete all the user tools again. 

Thanks for you time.

Blessings

Sorry for the delay Marco, I've been drawn away on a few other items. I have absolutely seen that nested folders in user notes causes the issues you've seen. I hope to be able to fix this soon for you (and others ;) ).

• Like 1

Thanks Graham, 

I appreciate your time and efforts. I have the work around that does actually sync everything so I can still get the latest onto my iPhone. I'm grateful for that.

God bless you, your work, and ministry.

Blessings

Marco

• 1 month later...

Thanks for 12.3.5 update. Thanks for all your hard work. Just an update from me. The sync to iphone still does not work. Also, I am still not able to share my verse user notes. For years I was able to simply "select all"> "save as PDF" which was really cool because it keeps the same font style and everything. But for several months now I have not been able to share my verse notes with others.

I have an Idea, maybe all of us users should keep the accordance staff in our prayers. I mean really, your work is nothing less than a ministry for sure, and I think many of us out hear think that since this product is for sale that you guys are making the big bucks. But I bet that is not the case. I bet many of you do the work of accordance "as unto the Lord". Well, I for one am thankful for all you do for us, truly. 

So let me be a reminder to all of us users to keep your company in prayer. I'm sure you guys are even sometimes under attack by the devil and his forces.

May God bless all of you at "accordance". Strengthen you and your families, give all of you wisdom for work and life. In Jesus name. Amen.

I will remember to pray for your company more often. 

Marco

• Like 2