Change source text in search results

ukfraser

The search history is great, especially when revisiting a passage over a number of days but i am getting very lazy and thought i would see if others would find this helpful.

Preparing a sermon, i entered the lectionary readings into the search box and got them for the nrsv.

I then wanted to check the readings in the niv and good news but you cant click on the text title and change it. To see other texts you either open them in a parallel pane or leave the search, change text and then rerun search from the history. Both totally acceptable workarounds but just wondered if its possible to change text from with the search.

Thoughts? (Apart from "some people are never satisfied")

Edited by ukfraser

Perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly, but you should be able to change the Bible version:

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-21%20at%206.37.4

I use a source that puts the lectionary readings in my calendar so i copy and paste from that as that also gives me the seasonal colour and a load of other things. I have done the search and now would like to click to change the nrsv to niv, good news or something.

;o)

post-31185-0-73606700-1558437212_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-51288300-1558437287_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Ah, sorry. I didn't check to see that this was posted in the iOS forums.

I frequently make that mistake with the android forum. Since changing my role in church, i now only use the full fat version about once a month. But am on the ipad a lot!!!!

Edited by ukfraser

Are there in iOS now short-cuts, like the alt-1to9 like on Mac?

Greetings

Fabian

Possibly if you use an external keyboad but sitting in a very comfortable chair, ipad in landscape in one hand and coffee close to other hand, no. Just using on screen keypad.

For now, this was a deliberate design decision.  On the desktop, if you switch to a module in which the search is invalid (say, an English text to a greek one, or an OT text to a NT text for a reference search), and the search fails, you can see this by the 'black' text contents of the entry box.  Your pane results still clearly show your prior results, while the search text at the top shows the attempted version.

On iOS, due to space restrictions, a lot of this information simply isn't visible.  If you are viewing your results and you switch to something new, but it fails, we have only a few bad options:  1) Even though you switched to something new, it still shows the old text.  This is bad.  2) After switching to something new, it shows the new text name, but the old results.  This is also bad.  3) We fully blank out the results because they are invalid.  This, while seeming less bad, is still something we try not to do in Accordance, and it still really isn't a great interface choice.

So, for now, the decision was to prevent the immediate switching of texts and tools if they are displaying search results.

• Like 2

Thanks joel for the explanation and that makes sense.

As i said initially there are a couple of good workarounds and its good to get an insight to your design decisions and that things have been considered.