Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan

MartinClay

I would love to have the Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan available in Accordance.

Or if that cannot be done, the ability to edit and import my own Bible reading scheme into devotionals would be brilliant

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Martin,

I recently created a small utility that generates Markdown files and/or a Bible-reading project in the Things 3 task manager with hyperlinks to the relevant passages in Accordance.

The source code and a readme are available on the DiscipleshipReadingPlan project in my GitHub account. I use DEVONthink for note-taking and knowledge management and the generated Markdown files and, as you can see in the screenshots in the readme, clicking the hyperlinks opens Accordance directly to the particular passage.

If you are not able to build and run the utility (which is written using Swift), there are also some pre-built Markdown files containing the full year’s readings. See the readme for details.

While not “built-in” to Accordance, I find keeping my reading list in Things 3 fits well with the rest of my daily task-management workflow. If you are using some other task manager, let me know and I can look into extending the utility to generate projects/tasks for that task manager.

Regards,

Stuart.

Edited by Stuart Robertson
  • Like 4

As an avid Things 3 user, this is great, Stuart! Thanks for making it available.