Hebrew Audio OT - verses problem

miketisdell

On Isaiah 16:1, if you play the audio, most of the time the following is read:

שָׁם פָּחֲדוּ־פַחַד לֹא־הָיָה פָחַד כִּי־אֱלֹהִים פִּזַּר עַצְמוֹת חֹנָךְ הֱבִשֹׁתָה כִּי־אֱלֹהִים מְאָסָם׃קָרָאוּ׃ מִי יִתֵּן מִצִּיּוֹן יְשֻׁעוֹת יִשְׂרָאֵל בְּשׁוּב אֱלֹהִים שְׁבוּת עַמּוֹ יָגֵל יַעֲקֹב יִשְׂמַח יִשְׂרָאֵל׃

(Psalm 53:5-7 Hebrew Masoretic Text with Westminster Hebrew Morphology)

Sometimes it plays the audio for the following (note the break in the middle of the word at the beginning is intentional, that is actually where it starts reading!)

שֹׁתָה כִּי־אֱלֹהִים מְאָסָם׃ מִי יִתֵּן מִצִּיּוֹן יְשֻׁעוֹת יִשְׂרָאֵל בְּשׁוּב אֱלֹהִים שְׁבוּת עַמּוֹ יָגֵל יַעֲקֹב יִשְׂמַח יִשְׂרָאֵל׃

Sometimes it plays the audio for the correct verse

The breaks mid verse and mid word are rather strange, also the jump to Ps. 53:5-7 is very odd

I can get the correct audio most of the time by pressing the audio button a second time immediately after the wrong audio was played

Edited by miketisdell

I just checked this in 1.4.1 and the problem still exists; however, the text read is now just גֵל יַעֲקֹב יִשְׂמַח יִשְׂרָאֵל

Note: like above, the half word is intentional i.e. this is where the text begins in the audio that is played.

I can still get the correct audio by pressing the icon again immediately after the wrong text is read.

Strange, I'll look into it. Thanks.