Search not working in the JPS commentary

miketisdell

I tried to search for "cup" in the JPS commentary on the Haggadah and got zero results, I then tried searching for various other words and got zero results. I then selected words in the text (including the word 'cup') and choosing search and got zero result. It appears that search does not work with this text at all.

• Like 1

On Mac it works in my settings. 

Do you have set on "English Content"? Even if I have the search on Hebrew Titles and I do a search with a selected word it change to English Content and the search works.

Greetings

Fabian 

Have you set the search parameter to english content? Accordance gives lots of options for search. This is from the ios version but im getting results in the torah set.

post-31185-0-83047000-1555503271_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Mike 

Try this. Delete and install the module new.

Greetings

Fabian

Searching ENGLISH CONTENT for Cup yields 95 exact hits on my system. Same settings for Cups yields another 18 hits. Searching for both using Cup <or> Cups as the search string produces the 113 expected combined results.

—Joseph

Edited by Solly

Thanks Mike, I'll look into it on Android.

• Like 1

On Mac it works in my settings. 

Do you have set on "English Content"? Even if I have the search on Hebrew Titles and I do a search with a selected word it change to English Content and the search works.

Greetings

Fabian 

It works on Windows too, the problem (as far as I know) is unique to the Android app.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked this and the search seems to be running successfully for me with the latest Android code (1.4.0b2 plus some bug fixes I've made since that haven't yet been released). I believe I was able to reproduce this when you initially posted it, so it's possible that the fix for a different bug also solved this bug. Regardless, it seems to be working now. If the next release (most likely a 1.4.0b3) is still giving you issues with this please let me know and I'll look into it again.

• Like 1

I just checked this and the search seems to be running successfully for me with the latest Android code (1.4.0b2 plus some bug fixes I've made since that haven't yet been released). I believe I was able to reproduce this when you initially posted it, so it's possible that the fix for a different bug also solved this bug. Regardless, it seems to be working now. If the next release (most likely a 1.4.0b3) is still giving you issues with this please let me know and I'll look into it again.

It works on 1.4.0b2

• Like 1