Jump to content

Search not working in the JPS commentary


miketisdell
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tried to search for "cup" in the JPS commentary on the Haggadah and got zero results, I then tried searching for various other words and got zero results. I then selected words in the text (including the word 'cup') and choosing search and got zero result. It appears that search does not work with this text at all.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Mac it works in my settings. 

 

Do you have set on "English Content"? Even if I have the search on Hebrew Titles and I do a search with a selected word it change to English Content and the search works.

 

Greetings

 

Fabian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you set the search parameter to english content? Accordance gives lots of options for search. This is from the ios version but im getting results in the torah set.

post-31185-0-83047000-1555503271_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Searching ENGLISH CONTENT for Cup yields 95 exact hits on my system. Same settings for Cups yields another 18 hits. Searching for both using Cup <or> Cups as the search string produces the 113 expected combined results.

 

—Joseph

Edited by Solly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Mac it works in my settings. 

 

Do you have set on "English Content"? Even if I have the search on Hebrew Titles and I do a search with a selected word it change to English Content and the search works.

 

Greetings

 

Fabian 

It works on Windows too, the problem (as far as I know) is unique to the Android app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just checked this and the search seems to be running successfully for me with the latest Android code (1.4.0b2 plus some bug fixes I've made since that haven't yet been released). I believe I was able to reproduce this when you initially posted it, so it's possible that the fix for a different bug also solved this bug. Regardless, it seems to be working now. If the next release (most likely a 1.4.0b3) is still giving you issues with this please let me know and I'll look into it again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just checked this and the search seems to be running successfully for me with the latest Android code (1.4.0b2 plus some bug fixes I've made since that haven't yet been released). I believe I was able to reproduce this when you initially posted it, so it's possible that the fix for a different bug also solved this bug. Regardless, it seems to be working now. If the next release (most likely a 1.4.0b3) is still giving you issues with this please let me know and I'll look into it again.

 

It works on 1.4.0b2

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...