Easy Install Issue in AM/Android

R. Mansfield

I have an issue in which I cannot load new titles in Easy Install in Accordance Mobile for Android. The blue circle will keep spinning while it says "Loading Purchases." Oddly, this is on both my Amazon Fire tablet and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.

I've done all the regular troubleshooting such as quitting the program, restarting the devices, logging out and back in; and I even removed Accordance and reinstalled on the S3.

I've already consulted with Matt Robertson, and we've yet to find a solution; so I thought I'd throw this out to the community to see if anyone's ever had a similar issue and perhaps knew a good solution.

Based on my search here on the forums, this doesn't seem to be a common issue; but I thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone might have ideas for what I could try.

Feels like a network firewall issue. I can get the list to show up if my phone is not on the work wifi. If it is it just spins.

Curiously I've been having similar issues with my browser on the phone too. Now, my phone is ancient so it should be an OS update that caused it. I suspect some networking upgrade at work. Any chance your network is getting in the way ? I assume neither of these tablets has a 4G connection you can try. But you could try via a hotspot via your phone just as a test I suppose.

Thx

D

Daniel, I tried that, and it didn’t work, but I think I’ve narrowed down the problem as an issue related to the account by which I was logged in. Thanks for your suggestions. 

"that ... was my second guess", to quote the Lego Star Wars Obi-wan Kenobi :)

Glad you have it sorted out.

Tx

D

• 1 month later...

I've been having this issue for a while, many months if not more than a year. Somehow I've already had a few modules I use most often, so I didn't bother reporting it but I'd love this to be fixed!

I've been having this issue for a while, many months if not more than a year. Somehow I've already had a few modules I use most often, so I didn't bother reporting it but I'd love this to be fixed!

Have you updated to Android app version 1.4? The problem that Rick reported could potentially affect anyone with a very large library and tends to be more common on slower devices (though not exclusively so). If you are still having this issue on 1.4 then I'll need to look into it, as the specific problem that Rick reported here has been fixed in 1.4. Thanks!

I have had this issue in the past, but waiting has resolved it.

What I have found is that Accordance on Android will never install all of the items in the library at one time; even on 1.4 I have to select only a section of the library at one time or the install fails, I then go back and select another section, and repeat until I have all of the items I want. If I select too many and the install fails, I can end up in the situation described above, but eventially the library re-appears if I wait long enough.

I assume that it is still trying to install, when the library wont update.

Mike

Edited by miketisdell
  • Like 2

Have you updated to Android app version 1.4? The problem that Rick reported could potentially affect anyone with a very large library and tends to be more common on slower devices (though not exclusively so). If you are still having this issue on 1.4 then I'll need to look into it, as the specific problem that Rick reported here has been fixed in 1.4. Thanks!

My Android app version is 1.4.1.

What I have found is that Accordance on Android will never install all of the items in the library at one time; even on 1.4 I have to select only a section of the library at one time or the install fails, I then go back and select another section, and repeat until I have all of the items I want. If I select too many and the install fails, I can end up in the situation described above, but eventially the library re-appears if I wait long enough.

Mike

Yes! I think that's what happened to me! I think at one point I was trying to install several modules, and it failed, and afterwards I was never able to use easyinstall on the Android App. I've just uninstalled the app itself and reinstalled, and logged in, and voila! EasyInstall works again! I suppose there is still an issue to be resolved, but it's good to know a workaround. Thank you!

• Like 1

Mike

Sound similar to my experience  on iOS. 

Greetings

Fabian