#183) Build a Pastoral Library

Timothy Jenney

The latest podcast is Dr. J''s advice on how to build a good pastoral library, whether you are self-taught or seminary-trained (and, yes, the two libraries have some important differences). Preparing sermons doesn't have to be a chore, provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Pastoral-Library

• Like 5

Thanks for the good podcast Dr. J.

• Like 1

That is a GREAT podcast Timothy, thanks for making it. I agree on it. Might want to post it on the first page viewed by people just finding the Accordance site! (Watched it last Week during a night):

provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordancebible.com/Pastoral-Library

• Like 1

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Or, anyone can get a 15% discount at any time simply by participating in a webinar :-)

• Like 1

Thanks as always.

I appreciate you have to be selective but for me, The Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament should also be in everyones library along with comfort.

I was totally unaware of these two volumes and i cannot stress enough that its thanks to this forum (and sales where resources are given focus) over the years that has highlighted what is actually available to help me develop a library.

• Like 1

Hi, Fraser!

I thought about it, but there are so many other good niche resources, it's hard to pick and choose. The Parallel OT in NT does provide a lot of insight and is included with out collections.

• Like 2