'Save' option greyed out, even when cursor position moved.

PiersKiwi

’Save’ (File) is greyed out by default. When reading through something (eg a version of the bible) I move the cursor to where I am up to, then go to select 'Save' from the file menu. Problem is, it is greyed out and unavailable. The only way I can get it to become available is to navigate to a different tab altogether then go back to the one I'm trying to save, before the 'Save' option becomes active again.  

It would be great if this could be changed at some stage so that any user interaction with the cursor triggers the 'Save' option. 

Better still if there was some autosave option, so that it would automatically save wherever everything was at when Accordance was closed, or laptop put to sleep…

My version of Accordance is 12.3.3, and my operating system is macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3. I use a MacBook Air (mid 2012) 

If you set the general Preferences to reopen last session, it will return to the place where you were when you quit each time. There is no need then to save the workspace.

Thank you Helen Brown,

I do this already and it works fine 99% of the time. However every now and again Accordance crashes or my laptop does something unexpected and I have found it doesn't remember where to go back to: Hence my being fussy about saving as I exit each tab (every time!!), and hence my hoping that conventional 'save' procedures could be included in the Accordance UI. The other factor is that I regularly put the laptop to sleep and then sign in again, which I think means the 'reopen last session' procedure doesn't activate, so if I have a system failure and re-boot after it only having been put to sleep, I think this is when Accordance can lose it's place. Hard to be sure what precisely has caused things not to work because it doesn't happen very often...