Manuscript linking error for NA28, UBS5 and Comfort

danielamari

Greetings,

First, thanks for all the kind support. I just wanted to point out the following:

When looking at the textual notes for the pericope of the adulteress on the ipad of IOS, there is a linking mistake:

NA28 apparatus, UBS5 apparatus and Comfort links manuscript E to E 08 (6th manuscript for Acts). What it is supposed to be linked to is E 07 (8th century manuscript for the gospels). I have checked Tischendorf and it is fine and CNTTS is fine as well. I think it is a linking error to the wrong manuscript.

I have not checked other verses that might be affected by that. I also did not check other than the Ipad on the ios. If it had to be fixed in one location, selfishly i would rather that it is fixed on the ios rather than the mac or windows. It is possible that one fix will fix it for all. It is not very high priority.

Thank you very much.

Greetings,

First, thanks for all the kind support. I just wanted to point out the following:

When looking at the textual notes for the pericope of the adulteress on the ipad of IOS, there is a linking mistake:

NA28 apparatus, UBS5 apparatus and Comfort links manuscript E to E 08 (6th manuscript for Acts). What it is supposed to be linked to is E 07 (8th century manuscript for the gospels). I have checked Tischendorf and it is fine and CNTTS is fine as well. I think it is a linking error to the wrong manuscript.

I have not checked other verses that might be affected by that. I also did not check other than the Ipad on the ios. If it had to be fixed in one location, selfishly i would rather that it is fixed on the ios rather than the mac or windows. It is possible that one fix will fix it for all. It is not very high priority.

Thank you very much.

You can report this in-app through Report a Correction. 

That said, I checked NA28 and UBS5 and I do not see this as an issue. In the Gospels E is linked to E 07, in Acts E is linked to E 08. Can you provide me with an example where it is incorrect?

Mithril, thank you for the prompt response. May i ask if you checked ios?

I do not know how to edit the original post. Here are few things:

1) NA28 apparatus does not have the problem since it does not report E.

2) UBS5 and both comfort’s modules have that problem. They are linked to E08

3) i made in-app three reports about them.

Edited by danielamari

I did not check iOS, since they should function identically as the module (resource file) is the same for all platforms.

We will check the reports you sent and handle it from there. 

Thanks again.

Your reports were just forwarded to me, and I can confirm the issue. Although, I cannot explain how it happened (and I personally worked on these resources, and know the difference between the manuscript abbreviations)! Thankfully, it's an easy fix. 

Thanks for the report.

• Like 2