BDAG look up messed up

Rod Decker

I've been working back and forth in Accord and Word all morning, doing periodic lookups in BDAG as I write and all has worked normally. I use two windows, one with Greek text and parallel English panes, the other for BDAG (so I can see the Greek text and BDAG at the same time). All of a sudden instead of a triple click producing the normal lookup in BDAG in the 2d window, Accord has started opening a new pane and looking up, not the Greek Entry, but Greek Content. :( That's very unhelpful in both NOT using my designated window and also in looking up the wrong info. Any idea what I've done to mess this up and how to fix it?

Just figured out my problem. I have an Extra Field specified in my 2d window (BDAG) for the chapter in which I'm working to make it easier to spot relevant citations--and the lookup that opened the new pane did not include any refs to that chapter. That's disconcerting. I wonder if a better way to handle that might be with a dialog: "No instances of both search requests; do you want to look up the main entry? [OK] [New pane] [Cancel]"?

Archived