Saving a Session

Tourdebill

I might be missing something easy, but I would like my session to be saved as is when I close the session or when I close Accordance. As it works now, I need to "save as" and "replace" the file if I want to return to the same session file in the same state as when I left it - that is, at the Bible passage I left it at.

Is there some sort of toggle switch for this? It would be nice to close Accordance and then return later to the session as I left it.

Thanks!

Bill

Go to Preferences --> General settings. You'll see a section labeled "Default Startup." Just choose "Last session" in the pop-up menu. This will automatically cause Accordance to start up with wherever you left off when you last quit the program.

I've been wondering about a similar situation. I have one session which I am using to translate through Genesis. I want this session to reflect wherever it is when I finish so it is ready for me to move on to the next verse the next time I go to translate. I use another session in class for general bible reading and searching which I want to revert back the original set-up the next time I need it. Since I constantly switch between the two sessions the above fix doesn't help (it would loose the changes to Session 1 everytime I used Session 2). I have had to do the "save as" - "replace" thing every time which is annoying because when I forget my session opens to where I had it five or six verses ago and any tie-ing or scrolling I didn't save has to be reset. Am I missing something? I suppose I can uncheck the "suppress save warning" box as a reminder but this doesn't really save me more time.

David Lang - thanks for the response. But I do have "default startup" checked. My situation is like Davesalyer. I have different sessions that I work on. It would be nice if there was a more efficient way to close a session and save all the work up to that point, without save as / replace.

Archived