MASKIL?

Jesse Dornfeld

I have a little bit of an understanding about this word, but it also seems there is no real consensus on precisely what this word means? I believe it's only found in Psalms.

I've been doing a lot of research on what makes a person a person. I started out by looking up the word "soul" from my membership Bible from an old church that is a NLT version. Since finding out about Accordance through my pastor, it has taken my research to a whole new level. I currently have 6 different parts of what makes up the "Self" but tbh, I could probably do a whole Sub-YouTube series on just the head (eyes, ears, tongue). I currently only have the Lite version, but am going to upgrade on Friday.

In any case, I had an idea that the word "MASKIL" might have something to do with "parts of a person." How I was able to determine this is by taking the 6 parts of the person that I know of according to the Bible (Behaviors, Flesh, Mind, Heart, Spirit, and Soul) all seemed to be found in Psalms 78 after I did cross-referencing with the "hits" for all these different parts of a person.

Does this sound plausible at all to people who know the Hebrew way more than I do?

The word Maskil appears in some superscriptions of the Psalm and has the sense of "teaching" or "learning". Its root form is s-k-l in Hebrew. It has nothing to do with the parts of a person. Hope this helps.

Harold

The word Maskil appears in some superscriptions of the Psalm and has the sense of "teaching" or "learning". Its root form is s-k-l in Hebrew. It has nothing to do with the parts of a person. Hope this helps.

Harold

OK, thanks.