Ability to search in Add Parallel

Chuck Schneider

As in the past, it's possible that I'm just going about this the wrong way and there's already a better way to fish out the text or tool that I want in parallel.

In any case, I frequently have trouble finding the tool that I want to use (sometimes even the text) from the Add Parallel drop-down menu. I'm not always sure if it's a commentary or Study Bible or Biblical studies, etc., but I know the name or a part of the name of the tool.

Would it be possible to add the ability to search after clicking on the Add Parallel? For example, instead of scrolling up and down in the third level drop-down menu (see attached image), it would be great if we could click on the Add Parallel button and then type just a few characters of the tool that we're after.

I don't dislike the drop-down menus. They help a lot already. The ability to type in a search right there at the Add Parallel, though, might make the 2nd and 3rd level drop-downs unnecessary.

post-29901-0-37958500-1549887583_thumb.png

• Like 5

I find it easiest to search the Library panel, then open and close the desired module, so that it appears in Recent Modules at the top of the Add Parallel menu.

• Like 2

I usually open the library and amplify so it opens in a new zone running in parallel. But I understand how the request would be good too, especially in windows where the scrolling doesn't work in the same way as on mac (you have to go down to the bottom and wait for it to autoscroll (PC) rather than using two finger scroll or the scroll wheel (mac) ).

Edited by Douglas Fyfe
  • Like 1

I find it easiest to search the Library panel, then open and close the desired module, so that it appears in Recent Modules at the top of the Add Parallel menu.

I do the same, but a search feature in Parallel would be much more handy. There are also some other request on the forum for this.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 2 months later...

As in the past, it's possible that I'm just going about this the wrong way and there's already a better way to fish out the text or tool that I want in parallel.

In any case, I frequently have trouble finding the tool that I want to use (sometimes even the text) from the Add Parallel drop-down menu. I'm not always sure if it's a commentary or Study Bible or Biblical studies, etc., but I know the name or a part of the name of the tool.

Would it be possible to add the ability to search after clicking on the Add Parallel? For example, instead of scrolling up and down in the third level drop-down menu (see attached image), it would be great if we could click on the Add Parallel button and then type just a few characters of the tool that we're after.

I don't dislike the drop-down menus. They help a lot already. The ability to type in a search right there at the Add Parallel, though, might make the 2nd and 3rd level drop-downs unnecessary.

attachicon.gifsearch in add parallel.png

The more resources I have the more important this search is to develop.

And not only on the Mac/Win but since we have with the Mobile 3.0 the library structure from the Mac/Win and I want to download/sync all my content the more is it needed on the iOS too.

Greetings

Fabian

1+

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Fabian said:

BTW for iOS and Android too!

Yes, definitely!

• Like 1