NET Notes: "ExSyn" references

mikes

When examining the NET notes, there are numerous references to "ExSyn" with what appears to be a page or other reference number. I can find nothing... anywhere (google, etc) that points to "ExSyn".

Even when searching via google or yahoo, the references simply point to the notes on bible.org... not what ExSyn is, nor where to find it... Admittedly, I am no scholar. Can anyone point me to SOMETHING that explains ExSyn? Ideally, what it is and where I can find it?

Thanks!

Mike

Ugh... I found it buried in the notes at the very bottom:

ExSyn Wallace, Daniel B. Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996

Which leads me to the next question (I'm on my own journey here): How best to look up the reference... so I pulled up Wallace and did a search by "Pages"... and it worked! Fantastic!

That said, it would be great to see the NET Notes references to Wallace tagged... must admit that I wish I could help and contribute something like this for Accordance, helping to version the work and learn at the same time.

Ugh... I found it buried in the notes at the very bottom:

ExSyn Wallace, Daniel B. Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1996

Which leads me to the next question (I'm on my own journey here): How best to look up the reference... so I pulled up Wallace and did a search by "Pages"... and it worked! Fantastic!

That said, it would be great to see the NET Notes references to Wallace tagged... must admit that I wish I could help and contribute something like this for Accordance, helping to version the work and learn at the same time.

Yep, you found the answer. The behind the scenes on this is that Wallace's title for his work was, An Exegetial Syntax of the New Testament, but it was edited to fit in with Mounce's title.

Updating our resources to include tool hyperlinks is on the list.

Archived