Holman Illustrated Study Bible won't scroll upwards

Chuck Schneider

While checking out the Holman Illustrated Study Bible, I discovered that, at some point, I can't scroll upwards. For example, while viewing the map in Acts 27:1, I decided to check out the content above that by scrolling up. As I did so, the map and of 27:1 kept reappearing. I could scroll further down to Acts 28, but, when I tried to scroll up, the content of Acts 28 kept reappearing.

There doesn't seem to be any problem outside of iOS, though. It seems to work fine on my iMac.

Chuck, I just looked at this—specifically Acts 27-28, and this is not occurring for me on my iPad. We’re you looking at the HISB by itself or in parallel with a biblical text? I wonder also if when you went to swipe to the content of Acts 27, if perhaps your finger was hitting the map at Acts 27:1 each time, making it go full screen?

This happens only when HISB is all by itself, not in parallel. It also only happens when my iPad is in the portrait position. When it's in landscape position, the problem doesn't occur.

It also does not occur when using the up arrow (at the bottom of the interface). However, even after I use the arrow to move up a few pages, the problem happens again. For example, when I used the up arrow to go from Acts 27 to Acts 22 and then continued scrolling up by touching the screen, the problem occurs starting from Acts 22.

It seems to be directly related to redrawing the images while scrolling back up. The problem never seems to occur when I scroll down. As I scroll upwards, there is an obvious hesitation when the image is reached. This hesitation occurs less dramatically when scrolling down.

Restarting both Accordance and the iPad doesn't make any difference. I can repeat this problem reliably regardless of chapter. As long as there are at least a couple of images, it doesn't seem to matter where I start. Chapter 27 is only where I first noticed the problem since that was the first time I scrolled up instead of down.

• 2 months later...

Over time, I've observed that it is not just the HISB. Every product with images is affected by this bug.

It's not happening for me on the beta version. I set the images to display at full size.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this problem still exists in version 3.0 for me on the iPad. :-(

After restarting my iPad, the problem went away for a little while, but it's back. I can list the tools that I've tested if you want.

Edited by Chuck Schneider

Removing Accordance, re-installing and syncing my library seems to have resolved the problem.

Thank you for version 3.0. It's fantastic!

Edited by Chuck Schneider