Tagged Texts for user imports

Cameron

This might be very unusual request.

I have recently imported a Swahili language Bible as a User Text into Accordance.  This works great (mostly) so far.  

The challenge I have is i would like to link the Swahili to the original languages <OR> to English...

and/also, if I could create a tagged text for language correlation to English, that would also be very helpful.

Is this possible for a user?

Thanks,

Cam

In general this is not possible right now. 

The way I do it is as follows:

after the word I add the <sup> </sup>.  E.g God<sup>H430</sup> this allows you to search for it and to hide them if it is not used. 

What do you mean by "mostly"?

Greetings

Fabian

BTW I have some wishes too. https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/13348-user-bibles-import-options/?hl=%2Bimport+%2Boptions

I was struggling with a parallel search by verse issue, but just realized I didn't have any Psalms #:0 verses and that was creating an offset of 1 verse for every chapter that should have had that ":0" reference ....all good now.

Creating a Bible text that has all of the proper paragraph locations and other formatting option embedded is quite the undertaking...I could write a program to insert the formatting in the text if something like a Bible format template existed...otherwise it is completely manual..eish.

With regard to the tagging and using the tags to identify word links to original texts, that would be cool - or i could create a Swahili <--> English cross reference...that would be great too...too bad that isn't an option...

How would you HIDE the reference you mentioned above?  I tested and I can see it 

Mwanzo 1:1 Hapo mwanzo Mungu H430 aliziumba mbingu na nchi...

How do you hide the (H430)?

Thanks Fabian

Edited by Cameron

I was struggling with a parallel search by verse issue, but just realized I didn't have any Psalms #:0 verses and that was creating an offset of 1 verse for every chapter that should have had that ":0" reference ....all good now.

Ha, I guessed this. Or you can use another Bible as verse references. 

Command-T, Advanced, Hide/surpess ... post-32723-0-69944500-1549362089_thumb.png

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/preparing_the_text-ub.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CImporting%2520Bibles%7C_____2

I can send you a user Bible I have done with a lot of poetry to see how I have done it. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

With regard to the tagging and using the tags to identify word links to original texts, that would be cool - or i could create a Swahili <--> English cross reference...that would be great too...too bad that isn't an option...

If you have done the tagging Accordance can (with your and the agreement of the Bible © holder) add it to the shop. 

BUT honestly I'm not full of hope. I have sent them a lot of Bibles and © Addresses and they have rejected it. 

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian: We have followed many of your suggestions but have run into difficulties with getting a license at reasonable terms, or proving that a work and the etext are in the public domain. We appreciate your input, but please stop accusing us of ignoring it.

Fabian: We have followed many of your suggestions but have run into difficulties with getting a license at reasonable terms, or proving that a work and the etext are in the public domain. We appreciate your input, but please stop accusing us of ignoring it.

My Computer has an e-mail program and as I asked some license holder, some of them negated your company has contacted them.

I try my best, but sometimes it breaks through.

Greetings

Fabian

BTW the Elberfelder CSV with Strong's which the publisher had corrected the Strong's number over a few years. This I would REALLY love to have it in Accordance.

Edited by Fabian