X-Callback URL

Fabian

Nice! I'm really hoping for true x-callback URL functions in Accordance mobile in a future update!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As far as one-way communication goes, the accord:// scheme is equivalent to x-callback-url. There's no two-way communication at present (returning data to the calling app). I considered asking for an x-callback-url that would return the text of a passage of Scripture, but I decided against it because I'm not sure I would use it. I often quote clauses or phrases instead of exact verses, and I don't always know the exact reference without looking at the text. So I would probably wind up using copy-and-paste frequently even if there was an x-callback-url interface for retrieving text.

Note that if you want text from the ESV and are online, you can use the ESV API to fetch verses. I don't know of an analogous service for other versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see two way x-callback-url support in iOS. I use Accordance services constantly on Mac OS and find it incredibly helpful. To have that capacity on iOS would complete the loop for me and make full writing on iOS possible.

To be clear - meaning the ability for another app to call for content within Accordance and the data to be returned to the calling app.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Any update on this? x-callback in Accordance would be great, especially in conjunction with Apple's Shortcut app. 

In the meantime, are there any other Bible apps with the ESV translation that support it?

Edited by Rick
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...