Wish List From The German Speaking World For 2019

markusvonkaenel

I / we put together a short list of texts, we would like to see in 2019

- Elberfelder CSV with Strongs 

https://www.logos.com/product/149331/exegetisches-worterbuch-zum-neuen-testament instead only the English version in Accordance. 
- Schlachter 2000 tagged
- der neue Gesenius auf Deutsch, Springer Verlag, 18. Auflage
- Strack-Billerbeck: Kommentar zum neuen Testament, C.H. Beck, München

• Like 5

and another +1 to the whole list

• Like 1

I told my German-speaking (Swiss) wife that German jokes aren't funny. 

"Why not?" she asked.

I said "They just go from Bad to Wurst."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on Strack Billerbeck (in German but also there is a recent English translation that would be great for English speakers). And I'll add the Neues Leben Bibel.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just a reminder. Half of the year past and I'm afraid, we will not see any progress here.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

because we start the new year here in Israel, a reminder, that there are still missing features for German speakers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, please help the Accordance staff as much as possible by finding out who they need to contact to discuss licensing terms for the products you want.

I get that you want more German language modules, but I suspect there may not be too many German-speakers in Florida.

Trying to negotiate licenses in English appears to be a Sisyphean task as it is, but I would imagine attempting to do so in another language next to impossible.

If you can do your homework and make the task easier for them, you'll be helping yourself in the long run.

Blessings to you all.

Personal, I would start with the Geneva Bible Society. Then has the advantage that you can make a contract with French and Italien resources as well. I'm quite sure that they will talk with you in English. The are really international.

Second would be the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, but I think you have them, it's more your task to bring their resources in. 

Kolhammer works with Eerdmans. 

Fabian, please help... 

• Like 1

Further: Springer like Brill is an international publisher and contrary to Florida, they certainly speak English and other languages as well.

so, you see, it's more or less a question on interest.

Edited by markusvonkaenel
  • Like 1

Guys, please help the Accordance staff as much as possible by finding out who they need to contact to discuss licensing terms for the products you want.

I get that you want more German language modules, but I suspect there may not be too many German-speakers in Florida.

Trying to negotiate licenses in English appears to be a Sisyphean task as it is, but I would imagine attempting to do so in another language next to impossible.

If you can do your homework and make the task easier for them, you'll be helping yourself in the long run.

Blessings to you all.

I have done more than is needed! 

I gave always the contact. 

In Florida not but in Pennsylvania. They have even a Bible in German there. As ePub to download for free under Creative Commons 4.0. 

I would start with Bibles you can find on other electronic devices too. So I would start with all Bibles that are in BW but not in Accordance and then go further. If Accordance had started years ago then the process would be done. But they wait, and wait, and wait... till L has the foot in and the Brockhaus told me they work with L. But there are also many other Bible publishers. BUT Accordance has to go on. It would be also so simple to bring the Leonberger RP18 to Accordance too. 

It seems to sell theological books brings more money with less work. That's o.k. Accordance needs money too. But only too narrow to the English market is for me to recommend another software. Some friends of mine want to sell Accordance because another company has more German titles and they are still growing. Accordance on the other hand shows the customers we don't have interest (words of a friend I recommended years ago Accordance and now want to change the platform). I have changed my mind. I don't recommend Accordance anymore, just help the people who has it. Until I see some progress.

Another question is the import restrictions. I don't know exactly what is come in 13. But in L and in other Bible software you can import Commentaries which works as commentary. Apparatus, user Bibles with footnotes, books where you can tag the page number (as Accordance does it but not allowed for the users), and many more features. If you go to the L forums in the German section they upload a lot of public domain titles prepared to use in L with all this features. Because they can. This makes the other platform much more attractive where a lot of public domain titles are. Yes for example for Kurdistan it doesn't matter, but for others. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Last week I had a short discussion about Bible-Software here in Jerusalem. I hesitated to recommend Accordance. The person spoke English as a foreign language, mother-tongue is German,  I had to be honest to say, that Logos is much better doing in German and other foreign languages for the Florida people. 

Accordance is losing the market, but that is then not my problem. For a native German speaker as I am, this means in consequence: I stopped more or less to invest in Accordance. As I currently do not plan to change the software, I go back to paper. -> or wait for a good offer to change to Logos too.

Gentlemen, I only speak English so I cannot sympathise with your situations. :(

Let's hope OakTree are listening and will act.

Perhaps the upcoming version 13 will add some of the functions you want.

But if people such as yourselves are not prompting OakTree to add more German etc resources, no-one else will.

I'd encourage you to keep on pushing (gently!) for what you want, and not lose hope.

Keep your German-language wishlist updated. 

It will make Accordance a better product for all users, on all platforms.

Blessings,

• Like 2

I use Accordance every day. My english is good enough to use what Accordance offers. But my mother - tounge is German. When it comes to new translations like Eberfelder with Strongs, Einheits Menge and others, this would be a great addition for all the German speaking Accordance users. When teaching in Seminary my Students often ask which Software I use. Showing them Accordance and how I use it, they are intrested, but the next question is: How many German - Moduls does Accordance have?

I agree with Markus: Getting more German Moduls would be a huge selling factor for Accordance in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I still have hope that we gonna see some great German Additions. 

• Like 2

I / we put together a short list of texts, we would like to see in 2019

- Elberfelder CSV with Strongs 

https://www.logos.com/product/149331/exegetisches-worterbuch-zum-neuen-testament instead only the English version in Accordance. 
- Schlachter 2000 tagged
- der neue Gesenius auf Deutsch, Springer Verlag, 18. Auflage
- Strack-Billerbeck: Kommentar zum neuen Testament, C.H. Beck, München

Yes. ++

Also, Hebräisch Biblisch-Hebräische Unterrichtsgrammatik, ed. by Pietsch, Michael / Rösel, Martin at https://www.degruyter.com/viewbooktoc/product/463719?rskey=FjS9Ca&result=1 , and Konzise und aktualisierte Ausgabe des Hebräischen und Aramäischen Lexikons zum Alten Testament, editors: Walter Dietrich and Samuel Arnet at https://brill.com/view/title/2431 .

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Chanukka is coming, I still hope for a chanukka wonder  :)

It is almost December and so I open my small wishlist for 2020:

PS: I'm working on a theological seminary as a EDP employee and when I recommend Accordance to someone (so recently someone who wants to switch from BibleWorks), I get the answer that Accordance is quite interesting, but one would rather go to Logos because of the German resources ...
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

still a weak hope for Chanukka. still 2 hours left......     

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

It's purim. In the hope to see a purim wonder.

Chag Samech

Markus

• Like 2