Combined Text for iOS, please.

ascender

Combined text, as in Mac OS, would be so helpful.

You know, left column: KJVS Old Testament; right column, Hebrew Bible.

Switch to New Testament in left column; right column automatically switches to Greek NT.

I'd be happy to pay for this feature in an upgrade.

Thanks.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Yes! Please! My iPad weighs a lot less than my laptop. Having this feature, and multiple panes or tabs in iOS would allow me to use Accordance iOS in class, while doing the heavy research at home on my “computer”. 

Combined text, as in Mac OS, would be so helpful.

You know, left column: KJVS Old Testament; right column, Hebrew Bible.

Switch to New Testament in left column; right column automatically switches to Greek NT.

I'd be happy to pay for this feature in an upgrade.

Thanks.

Yes please!

While we are at it, it would be nice if I could have a combined text as my primary text. For example, I would like to set my primary text to be BHS + NA28. Then I could add a parallel to that (English, LXX, Targum, etc.).

Yes, but how would you search such a combined text with different languages, fonts, tagging etc.?

I grant that searching is a problem, but I'm more interested in displaying it, especially in the secondary pane, which cannot currently be searched.

Also, many things I would combine have the same language and tagging, because they're the OT and NT parts of a commentary, or the Protestant canon and the "apocrypha" of the same Bible translation.

One approach to searching would be to only search the first resource of the combined set. This could be confusing, but looking carefully at the search view, one would see that only that resource is selected for the search.

• Like 1

I don't want to side-track the OP's request. But, I would imagine that searching for Hebrew terms would yield results in the Hebrew Bible, and searching for Greek terms would yield results in the GNT.

Perhaps there is something that I'm missing.