Are there any plans to enhance copying bible verses out of Accordance?

Samuel Clough

I've been reading forum posts on how to copy verses out of Accordance into documents. So far it seems the only thing you can do is highlight verses via touch and do the standard iOS copy/paste or hold a verse reference, select a range and hit copy. Both require several taps (no keyboard shortcuts) and don't provide any basic formatting ability (including verses or not, etc). 

I have seen references to an accordance url format. Is this documented? Is that an x-callback-url format that can be used? Any plans to add any ability to do this? I'm moving the majority of my work on iOS and copying bible verses efficiently is the last big obstacle (I write for a living).

Thanks for the feedback, Sam.  We are always working on improving the app, and this includes more copy and paste formatting capability.  Don't forget, however, that you already have some options in the Settings, under the "Copying Verses" option.

The Accordance URL format is a great way to jump back to locations within the app.  I don't think it can be used to externally export verses out of Accordance on iOS.

And are chance of adding some keyboard shortcuts to accordance?

Here's the official documentation:

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/content/topics/05_dd/using_links_common_tasks.htm

I believe iOS supports all of the actions that make sense on iOS.

We're definitely looking into a more sophisticated interface for iPad, and this would include keyboard shortcuts.

• Like 2

...Is that an x-callback-url format that can be used? Any plans to add any ability to do this? I'm moving the majority of my work on iOS and copying bible verses efficiently is the last big obstacle (I write for a living).

...I believe iOS supports all of the actions that make sense on iOS.

We're definitely looking into a more sophisticated interface for iPad...

+1 

With the integrations made possible in iOS Siri Shortcuts, it would be awesome if Accordance for Mobile would have true x-callback-url capabilities (fetching verse contents and passing them on to other apps). 

• Like 1

We're definitely looking into a more sophisticated interface for iPad, and this would include keyboard shortcuts.

Please, please--the iPad is more and more my primary computer and I would love a more sophisticated interface, integration with Siri shortcuts, and especially keyboard shortcuts.