EPUB

RevM

I would love the abilty to import epub (and Kindle?) books as user tools. Clearly drm would need to be honoured so that no copyrights are broken.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about something similar but with .pdf files.

While it could work I wonder how useful it is.

It still would be just a book.

No tags, no links to other Accordance stuff.

I've been thinking about something similar but with .pdf files.

While it could work I wonder how useful it is.

It still would be just a book.

No tags, no links to other Accordance stuff.

You can open the file in the internet Browser. Copy the address field and paste it in the Web Browser in Accordance.

I have done feature requests:

An open Button to load direct files from the Web Browser in Accordance

A search on the site feature to search in the PDF in the Accordance Web Browser

The hove over feature also for PDF's

Greetings

Fabian

To have an 

• 3 years later...

EPUB with full unicode support. HMTL Base64 support. Support for linked TOC, Footnotes, Endnotes, etc. what is available in Word.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fabian said:

EPUB with full unicode support. HMTL Base64 support. Support for linked TOC, Footnotes, Endnotes, etc. what is available in Word.

This would be nice

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fabian said:

These are the sort of features I would like to have on an import format, though I don’t care whether it’s EPUB or not. EPUB import is complicated by the fact that there are multiple ways to represent footnotes, and formatting is done with CSS. Interpreting CSS is not simple, and without it, even simple things like italic and bold may not come through.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jlm said:

...EPUB import is complicated...

When we released PDF import, I asked internally why we didn't release epub import first? I was told the same thing: that there are multiple ways to do epub, and it's even more complicated, code-wise, than PDF--although, that is fairly complicated with different formats as well. I hope that we eventually have epub import, but it's not on the immediate list of features to be added. Hopefully, one day.

15 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

When we released PDF import, I asked internally why we didn't release epub import first? I was told the same thing: that there are multiple ways to do epub, and it's even more complicated, code-wise, than PDF--although, that is fairly complicated with different formats as well. I hope that we eventually have epub import, but it's not on the immediate list of features to be added. Hopefully, one day.

I would love if we had active links to Footnote, Endnote, TOC etc. And the HMTML5 support with Base64. 

Second: If I made changes to the User Tools it is saved. And not if I open it again the formatting is a complete mess.

BTW PDF import has still bugs. And not all features I requested are included. 

The PDF has often page numbers. I would love if they can be added as search like in the Accordance module.

Then also here the Footnotes, Endnotes, TOC links are all cut off.

As you can see the Page Numbers go to the Browser which should be for the Headings. That said also Accordance recognize it. It has only to go to the correct part. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-19 um 16.24.10.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1 on being able to import epubs