New Installation Questions

Ron Faulkner

Hi all,

I just did a fresh install on 10.5 last weekend. I installed Version 8.0 of Accordance from the Primary DVD a couple of nights ago. I let in install in the applications folder by default.

I also have all 3 of the Zondervan series and the Essential IVP Reference Collection which I have not installed yet. I went to install one of the Zondervan discs last night and it was wanting to install it to the hard drive by default, not the applications folder. I tried to do a custom install and change the location but it would not let me. I cancelled the install and as of right now only have 8.0 installed.

If I install the Zondervan discs with the default locations I will have an Accordance folder on the root section of the hard drive and another Accordance folder in the applications folder. Would this not cause a conflict? I think I would then have 2 separate installs of Accordance.

I guess I should have installed the older discs first, but didn't think of that at the time. How should I handle this? Should I completely get rid of 8.0 and start with the older discs and go from there?

Thanks,

Ron

With all the installers the only location you need to worry about is the drive. As long as Accordance is on your startup drive, the installers will find it and install into the same folder. You should have no problems. If our fonts look funny at the end you can, and should anyway, install 8.0.4 from the website.

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify, are you saying that the Accordance folder should be on the hard drive and not in the applications folder?

I was going to update to 8.04, but was wanting to wait until I had everything installed. I'll install the other discs and let you know how things worked.

Ron

Applications is on the hard drive, so the installers will find Accordance there (except for ancient installers that won't run on OS X anyway).

Thanks again for the help. I'm installing everything else now. I'll post back to let you know how things went.

Ron

Just wanted to post back and say that everything is running fine. Installed the 8.0.4 update and everything got installed into the Accordance folder in Applications that 8.0 created.

Thanks again,

Ron

I got myself into the same situation.

I have two folders in my Macintosh HD: one called Accordance folder and the next called Applications. Can I drag my Accordance folder into my Applications folder? This is not just a matter of tidiness. Some time ago I had a faulty hard-disk and did a back up prior to replacing it. I backed up Applications but missed the Accordance folder; the consequence was that I could found, when my new disk was installed, that I had no copy of my Accordance folder.

My simple question is this... can I just drag my Accordance folder into my Applications folder or will it mess things up?

You can certainly move Accordance folder into Application unless you already have another Accordance folder there. Then you have to be really careful and work out which Accordance you are actually using, and where the files are that it is accessing.

OK, thanks I have moved it and it all seems to be working fine.

Ah, now it is not working fine.

It can't find texts, modules or greek or hebrew dictionaries.

Where is the Accordance program? It has to stay in the Accordance folder. If you have moved it, please put it back. If it still doesn't know where the modules are (because you opened them when Accordance was not in the folder) you will need to point it to each module in Modules/Texts or Modules/Tools.

If you are stuck, send me a personal message with your phone number or even better your iChat screenname or Skype name, and I will try to help personally.

I had moved the Accordance.app icon into Applications so that it stood separately from the Accordance file. I have now moved it back and it seems to be finding the modules oK.

Helen, I have to say the 'service' we get here on Accordance is second to none!! many thanks

Archived