iOS Shortcuts App

JakeBondo

One of the biggest obstacles work with accordance on iOS vs Mac, it is the simplicity of copy and pasting scripture verses into pages or word on my Mac. Would there be a way to use the new shortcuts app to create a shortcut to copy and paste verses on iOS?

Jake,

Say more about what you're talking about.

Do you mean being able to auto-paste a scripture text while in Pages or Word and never having to leave it?

Do you mean being in iAccordance and then "sending a scripture" to Pages or Word?

Are you using split screen? Cause that's really helpful for copy/paste.

I mean a shortcut to copy the reference to the clipboard then paste. Yes sometimes it works to work in split screen but when multiple verses from a variety of books it is very combersum. Where on my Mac I can type the reference, highlight, and command-shift-2 and then the verse is pasted.

I know there will not be a command-shift shortcut but there has to be a way to allow a faster copy to clipboard and paste of a verse.

Jake,

To be clear then, I think you are referring to "being able to auto-paste a scripture text while in Pages or Word (or whatever app) and never having to leave it".

You can have a shortcut that works on the clipboard. It will be possible to get closer to this with developer changes. There are still some sandboxing firewalls in place that prevent this. In 6 months, when developers work on this more, we'll know more about what will end up being possible.

Short answer: right now it's not possible to do it completely as it is on macOS, but it can reduce steps.