Remove split vertical/horizontal divider

Weatherby23

When switching from single view to split vertical or horizontal view (so as to see the Hebrew or Greek in parallel with another biblical text, like the ESV) there is a significant amount of screen space taken up by the gray divider between the two texts. This creates less room available for multiple verses to be displayed at once without the need for scrolling. This is apparent to those who have used Blue Letter Bible's app which has no visible bar dividing the screen and very little space wasted between the Hebrew/Greek text on the left and the English on the right (only 1/4 of the space used on Accordance).

I have reduced the font and leading to the smallest sizes to get more than a couple verses on the screen at once, but this can only do so much and it is really too small to read comfortably. Removing this bar and excess space on the Accordance app would go a long way towards enhancing the readability and even the aesthetics in this parallel mode. I hope it could at least be made an option to toggle in the future. 

Thanks for all you do! The app continues to get better.

Good idea. +1

Thanks for the suggestion! One of the main goals for the next major release (v1.3) is to clean up some design type things like this, especially focusing on reclaiming as much space as possible for reading text. The pane divider is one of the elements I'm looking at, but I haven't made any changes to it yet. I appreciate your feedback and will definitely prioritize this as one of the ways to reclaim space.

Edited by Matt Robertson
  • Like 1

I'm not familiar with Blue Letter, but how are the texts identified in such a configuration ?

In principle saving the space sounds good but there is data and nav in the separator

Thx

D

BLB does not have an immersive reading mode (at least not that I'm aware of) so the text title abbrvs are shown in the top navigational bar. In the long run this probably costs more space than it saves. I do think there are a few ways to reclaim some space in our app, though, without keeping the top bar up like BLB does. Working on it as we speak  :)

• Like 2