Cannot define search range for german bibles

sacha zemp

Hi

I use Accordance 8.0.2 with the german bibles from 'the Mac Studienbibel'

When I try to do a search within a range, accordance tells me that 'The current search range is inappropriate for the "Bible Text" text.

I have then the option to cancel or to set it to 'all text'.

It is rather annoying.

Any ideas what causes accordance to act this way?

I use mainly the schlachter bible for searches so it does not come up often, but with the other german bibles I can search with the lemmatised texts.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sacha

What range is your window set to when you get this message?

If you open the Define Range dialog you can see the definition of each range. You will only get this message if the range you are using specifies books which are not included in the Bible you are using, or specifies a range of books which are in a different order in this Bible. For example, Isaiah-Psalms is not appropriate for most translations, but is OK for the Hebrew Bible where the prophets occur before the writings.

it happens when I choose any of the predefined ranges that accordance offers. For example 'law', 'new testament' .....

It seems the book names in the english and german bibles are different.

For example: If I define 'New testament' as Range Matt - Rev, it will not work, but if I define the range as Matt-Off (Offenbarung) it will work. But then the search range will not work for the english bibles.

Is there a solution?

You will have to define separate ranges for the English Bibles and the German Bibles on the Bibliothek. Those German Bibles have the actual names in German rather than the alternative names as we do with all our other Bibles, and apparently this is causing the problem with the range.

Is there a plan to release a version of this bibles with the same naming scheme as for example Schlachter 2000?

Or is there a way to change this inside the bibles themselves?

Having to maintain 2 ranges is rather tedious.

Thanks for the quick reply though.

Sacha

Archived