Sort/show modules by size

flips

My iPad has limited storage capacity, and my Accordance library ain't small ... ;) So, trying to free up space, it would be nice if I could easily show how much space installed modules occupy, and maybe even sort by size ... :-)

Edited by flips

Unless you have lots of photo modules, everything in your Accordance Library will occupy less than 2 GB of space. With all the photo modules installed, my computer Accordance folder is only 33 GBs.

My library is 10.5G without any of the photo guide modules and select other larger modules installed.

The iPad is FULL, useless, and I need to clean up space. Shooting in the blind for modules, not knowing if they occupy 5, 50 or 230 MB each ...

So having the ability to see and sort modules by size would be very helpful!

("Only 33 G" only indicates you have never tried surviving with a 16 GB or 32 GB iPad ...) ;)

(I know I can see sizes using the Mac, but I currently only have this iPad available.) :-/

Edited by flips

[Chuckle] Sorry I couldn't help.

I do have an iPad with limited memory, but Accordance is really the only thing I have on it, so I haven't run into the same limitation you have. Still, I agree that 10.5 GB is a lot. Without photos, I don' tknow what would be taking up that much space. Greek/Hebrew audio files, perhaps?

If you open your Library and tap "Download" (from the server), you'll see a list of modules and the size of each one. The trouble is that it only lists resources that aren't installed in the device. I suppose you could use your iPhone to check on the module sizes, then delete the largest ones from the iPad Library. I know that's unwieldy, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment. Perhaps others can offer a better suggestion.

Its been asked for before and would fit nicely with the other info where the version author and publisher is listed.

I tend to look at the size of files on easy install so i have a rough idea of what the large volumes are when installing.

You must have a really large library to be at 10 g as i have the audio for ot and nt which are mega and a couple of large photo libraries and still only running at 6 gig but when i had a 16 gig ipad 2 i was very careful what i installed on it in terms of translations and a lot of standard collection resources i wasnt sure i would need. Things only got added if i needed them and deleted if i hadnt used them for a year.

• Like 1

My phone has 128 GB and more modules installed than my iPad ... ;)

Might have Greek Audio, yes will check for that.

But also some commentaries, ISBE etc do occupy substantially more than just 3-12 MB ...

I offloaded a couple of other apps for now, will probably re-sync from my Mac when I have it back with me.

Anyways, hope such a feature of showing sizes could be added in the future. :)

My phone has 128 GB and more modules installed than my iPad ... ;)

Might have Greek Audio, yes will check for that.

But also some commentaries, ISBE etc do occupy substantially more than just 3-12 MB ...

I offloaded a couple of other apps for now, will probably re-sync from my Mac when I have it back with me.

Anyways, hope such a feature of showing sizes could be added in the future. :)

Maybe failed installations/re-downloads occupy space (I had two or three failed syncs, IIRC) ...

• Like 1

In the Android app you can see the size in EI, but not in the library. So not installing something large is easy enough. Deciding what to remove based on size though is not so easy. I agree it would make a good enhancement to be able to see sizes of installed modules and to sort on that size. I'm pretty sure it's been discussed on the Android forum too but I cannot find the posts right now.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Maybe the Library on my iPad is artificially large due to failed sync, and stuff that hasn't been automatically removed. (I remember having issues while syncing from the macOS version.)

You may want to go through your entire library checking for content for anything that looks suspect (delete things you are not sure about as you can always reinstall items) but also delete the cache.

But yes, nice to see module sizes as well as author in title bar.

post-31185-0-03279700-1534363381_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Cleared download cache. Found no audio installed. Rose Maps and Zondervan Atlas, was 3-400 MB ... Still at 10 G ... I suspect some Study Bibles etc has lots of images etc.

I'll fix it when I have my Mac back ... :) Thanks for tips!

• Like 1