Can't default to "Photoguide 3" from Atlas Maps

JamesN

I have been trying to use preferences to set Map Window Display hypertext- default tool- to be Photoguide 3.

clicking on any covered names on the Version 2 Atlas 2D map always brings up the Place Names box instead

which is annoying because it seems that Photoguide 3 has the same information but also pictures.

When I click on the Place Names label and scroll down to change to Photoguide 3 using the software

interface and then click on Photoguide 3 the gray overhead area of the window now displays Photoguide 2

while the label in the upper left corner of the window (the one you click on to change to other tools) indicates

Photoguide 3. Is this a recognized bug? Any workarounds so I don't have to choose Photoguide 3 each

time I click on a place name on the map?

Thanks for your help.

I think that there is simply confusion here between the name of the window, and the module you are searching/displaying. If the window is being reused, and especially from a saved set of windows, it may be named PhotoGuide 2 There never has been a module with that name. The old one (versions 1 and 2) was simply PhotoGuide. I think you are correctly amplifying to the 3. The only reason we changed the name is that it is now a locked module on the Graphics DVD.

Thanks Helen,

I guess the main problem I'm having is that I'd like to be able to use the preferences to cause double clicking on say the word "Memphis"

on the Bible Maps to bring up the entry in Photoguide 3 instead of the entry in "Place Names". Setting the preferences to Photoguide 3

doesn't help- every name I click on still comes up in a Place Names box instead of a Photoguide 3 box, and then I have to individually

change to the Photoguide 3 entry each time.

Is there some way to fix this problem?

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you are describing, perhaps a screen grab would help.

In the meantime, a question or two

You can either use Set Map Display, select the PhotoGuide 3 and click the Use as Default button, or go to Preferences/Map Window display and set it there. The latter option does not change the setting of the open window, though, and neither of them changes the settings of any saved windows when you reopen them.

Sorry about that, but that is the reality: you must reset the defaults but you must also reset the display of any windows/workspaces/sessions that you have, including your startup session, if you want the new settings to apply to them.

Thanks to Helen and Rick,

I used the Set Map Display to choose Photoguide 3 and that worked. I had thought that the main Accordance preferences setting that I was trying to use was the correct way but obviously it was not. "If all else fails, read the instructions"

Everything working fine now.

Jim

Archived