clearing history

csonni

Using Accordance for iOS is becoming unusable in some situations. I have Accordance for iOS set as the default app in Reading Plan, an iOS app for reading through the Bible in a year. A history of passages read accumulates, requiring me to tap on the arrow to clear each reading before I can go into any other passage. I would think there is a setting to disable history but I can’t see any. Come Sunday, or any other day, when I want to use Accordance iOS outside of the app, I have to clear all those readings previous. Going into my Library to clear them out in one shot doesn’t show itself as an option. Any help here?

Edited by csonni

I would try

Make sure you have closed accordance, double click the home button and then remove accordance from all the apps that are open. Under general settings for ios, the big gear wheel, go to accordance and i would switch on the top three. Im guessing its the third one but experiment to reset user content but will also clear your recently opened and where you are in other texts.

post-31185-0-78680100-1532691193_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

If you simply go to a new resource (even the same resource!) from the library it should clear this history of opened links from other apps. I tested this by opening a link 5 times, creating a stack of 5 results. I then tapped the Library icon, then tapped my current text, and the stack was cleared.

If it is the Recently Opened history you wish to clear, a simple ‘shake’ gesture will do that.

If it is your search history, the clear button is at the top right of the History list.

Do one of these methods work for you?