Ancient Near Eastern Emphasis

MattChristianOT

Hello,

I would like any resource that deals with Cuneiform Languages (grammars, texts) and anything with Ancient Near Eastern History/ or Languages.

• Like 3

Let me weigh in on this request with a cost/benefit analysis. We do have published works in English that cover ANE materials: notably The Sacred Bridge and Context of Scripture, as well as monographs such as The Religion of Babylonia And Assyria. These have a sufficiently wide audience/market to make it worth our while to negotiate a license, pay the fees, find or license an etext, and spend the weeks involved in developing the text for Accordance with all the added links and fields. We would be happy to consider other such works.

However, the demand for original texts and grammars in cuneiform and other ANE languages is extremely small. These would also require additional programming as well as text development. Yes, we are working on the Ugaritic texts as these are so closely related to Hebrew. If someone would come forward with the funds to support other research materials and projects (hint, hint) we would be glad to provide the expertise and manpower. But, in the absence of funding, we simply cannot embark on projects for which there is no prospect that the resulting sales would come anywhere near to covering our costs.

Another option is for you, the scholarly community, to produce the texts and make them available to others through Accordance. We are most grateful to the many scholars who have contributed in this way, and helped us to offer the top quality texts that are currently available.

• Like 2

I understand- I am an odd duck. I greatly enjoy the Ugaritic materials and am glad Accordance added. Maybe sometime in the future I can be talented enough to produce some of this material. Otherwise- Any ANE material would be great, English or not. I am very happy with the modules I currently have and look forward to the future!