Armenian Language

jdoctorian

To Whom it May Concern,

I was wondering what it would take to add the Armenian translation of the Bible to Accordance as a module that could be accessed offline. I have access to a website that I usually go to when I need to check the the Bible in Armenian (www.armenianbible.org) however I do not always have access to the internet where I preach/teach. The aforementioned website has all the books of the Bible downloadable as PDFs but that is very cumbersome when trying to find a verse so having the flexibility of an Accordance module would be greatly beneficial. At this point, I do not even need the accessibility features that Accordance offers (search functions, definitions, etc.) but just allowing me to parallel it with the Greek, Hebrew, and English so i can quickly find the verse I am reading from. I do not know the process but I would love to assist in getting this project off the ground and I know some others that would as well.

Thank you very much!

• Like 3

We looked at the Bible that you linked to above. The PDF was using an older font that wouldn’t work with Accordance. Do you know if there’s a unicode version of the text available? 

Also, from what I can tell, the text seems to be public domain. Can you confirm that? 

• Like 1

I found that one, too, after I left my comment above. 

We need to confirm that the text is the same as what was originally linked to and that it was in the public domain.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Mark Allison is tracking down our Bibles now. He may want to look into this.