I know it's possible to cross-highlight but I'm unable to find a button that turns it off and on. A friend sent me a screenshot showing his GNT and cross highlighted to his English texts.

Here is mine:

post-34489-0-87312700-1531924004_thumb.png

What English text is that? It must be one with Strong's or GK tagging in order to cross-highlight.

It's not possible for me to tell from your screenshot which exact texts you are using I'm afraid, but cross-highlighting relies on the key number tagging in the English text. If it's not tagged you won't see the cross-highlighting.

EDIT: Rick beat me to it. :)

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Sorry...here is a better screenshot. The English is NIV (2011) With G/K.

post-34489-0-47432600-1531924612_thumb.png

Oh I see the problem I think - you have it in a different zone, not simply in a parallel pane. You need to open in a parallel pane.

Thx

D

• Like 1

It's because the NIV is in a separate tab, tied to the THGNT text. You have to open them in parallel using the "Add Parallel" button.

Unrelated, I highly recommend using (or purchasing if you don't already have it) the NIV11-GKE that has the "enhanced" tagging. The module without the enhanced tagging (in your screenshot) was more of an interim release while we were waiting on the other one to be completed. The NIV11-GKE is much more accurate, and the enhanced tagging makes it the best English tagged text we offer in my opinion.

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 1

Thanks Rick and דָנִיאֶל!

Since we're now slightly unrelated (and I'll buy GKE today), is there a better way to organize my primary workspace? I have been using Accordance for a few years and didn't know about the "Add Parallel" feature!

post-34489-0-63173200-1531925169_thumb.jpg

That's always a bit hard to say. Workspace layout is very flexible and it depends upon which resources you want to use and how you like to work.

I tend to work with the primary reading text to the left, whether it's a text or a tool. I don't use a lot of commentaries but rely heavily on lexica and grammars, so I have tabs for those. When I'm doing searches and analysis I'll have a zone open with those results in it. A lot of people like the Info Pane which can be opened as a parallel pane to their reading text. It can consolidate in one place a significant number of reference resources, including lexica, grammars, commentaries etc. etc. I've never used it much but others swear by it. I usually have a Stack open somewhere on the right to take notes in. I almost always have instant details open at the bottom as you do.

I have a lot of different workspaces saved. I create them for new tasks or projects. For example, I have one for Josephus right now which has 3 zones, Josephus on the left, grammars etc in the middle, and Stack and Atlas sharing a zone on the right.

Thx

D

• Like 1